City v Palace Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mammutly said:
This is not an easy game. Palace will come for a point and hope to hit us on the break - a scenario we always seem to struggle with.

If we can get an early goal, it should make the afternoon much easier, but these are vital points for us and the strongest 11 must start.

I am sorry I disagree<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:37 pm --<br /><br /><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249445" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249445</a>

Pulis' Stoke rolled over with pathetic ease in the last two seasons at the Etihad. The away games are always a different matter - Pulis' teams are bastards to beat at their place - but we'll have to cross that bridge when we get to it.

Even with a weakened side and some fatigue, I expect a workmanlike win of around 2-0 or 3-0 to City.

asplund2 said:
I think we really need another good central midfielder, we have good back up in all othre positions but if Yaya or Ferna will be Injured we will get big problems. Garcia is to heavy to slow to bad to play central in a 4-4-2 system, as hes bets he could be sitting in a 4-2-3-1 system. Rodwell always injured and havent prove anything so far. I really hope that we could get some one in January becouse we cant afford rest Yaya or Fernandinho in any game....

-- Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:36 pm --

BlueBarratt said:
Nobody think we'll return to 4-4-2? Pellegrini obviously prefers it and palace at home is the game to get dzeko and negredo playing well together

Think that would be the best, the question is if Negredo is fit. He did an amazing work yesterday and limped off looking not so good in hes calf.

He may have been limping but might it have been a little bit of time wasting? Hope he does play them both, maybe take negredo off and give guidetti some minutes in the second half?

BlueBarratt said:
asplund2 said:
I think we really need another good central midfielder, we have good back up in all othre positions but if Yaya or Ferna will be Injured we will get big problems. Garcia is to heavy to slow to bad to play central in a 4-4-2 system, as hes bets he could be sitting in a 4-2-3-1 system. Rodwell always injured and havent prove anything so far. I really hope that we could get some one in January becouse we cant afford rest Yaya or Fernandinho in any game....

-- Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:36 pm --

BlueBarratt said:
Nobody think we'll return to 4-4-2? Pellegrini obviously prefers it and palace at home is the game to get dzeko and negredo playing well together

Think that would be the best, the question is if Negredo is fit. He did an amazing work yesterday and limped off looking not so good in hes calf.

He may have been limping but might it have been a little bit of time wasting? Hope he does play them both, maybe take negredo off and give guidetti some minutes in the second half?

Yeah, as a swede I would love to see Guidetti play. But as you say as a sub in second half when we hopefully are up 2 goals. Would be good to have 2 strikers against Crystal, could be a tight box. But think Negredo need more rest then Silva or Nasri to be unest

Ducado said:
mammutly said:
This is not an easy game. Palace will come for a point and hope to hit us on the break - a scenario we always seem to struggle with.

If we can get an early goal, it should make the afternoon much easier, but these are vital points for us and the strongest 11 must start.

I am sorry I disagree

-- Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:37 pm --

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249445" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249445</a>

You're entirely entitled to disagree. However, Palace fans are wrong about everything, starting with supporting Palace. So I wouldn't place any faith in what they say.

I think Palace will give is a good game. We will probably bring in Clichy, Nastasic, Dzeko, Milner and Garcia to give us some fresh legs. We have another midweek game against a Swansea side who are missing Michu so we need to ensure we beat them and finish 2013 in incredible form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.