City v Palace Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't care less about the performance today, all about getting the points. Hopefully an early goal then just counter attack them to fuck. Conserve energy.

sir baconface said:
Len Rum said:
Did you study the faces of the Palace players after their game on Thursda? They looked shattered. So relatively fitness levels shouldn't be an issue.

Concerns are less about relative fitness; more about the coming month's demands on City.

There has to be a balanced approach with every opponent taken seriously and only moderate rotation. By all means take other players off if/when the game is clearly won.

Wholesale rotation and/or playing a load of kids smacks of arrogance and complacency. Once you start grading opponents and disrespecting the "weaker" ones you are likely to get bitten on the arse.
I agree with you. My point was that the relative fitness of our first choice players should be the same as theirs, hence we should choose our first choice players I.e. Our strongest team and at most rotate one or two.

One of my compatriots (Mile Jedinak) is the captain of the Palace team. He is a very good DM and loves nothing more than a good old fashioned scrap. Having said that I think they will set up, and play, very much like Pulis has set up Stoke against us at home.

In other words it should be a comfortable victory, but to make sure I would start the game with both Merlin and Nasri. I think this is a game where Garcia will get a run, as the boss seems to prefer him over Rodwell. I would rest Yaya but play the machine (Fernandinho). Ed should be the lone striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.