City v Real Madrid - 26/04/16 - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd watch "Mancini: The last few minutes vs QPR" on CityTV, never fails to excite me watching that.

Hopefully tonight's game will be just as memorable and for all the right reasons.
Is that the one with no commentary?

It was excellent, bang a link on please bud.

I'd go like this...

.................Hart................
Sagna Kompany Mangala Clichy
.....Fernando Fernandinho.....
Navas.........Nacho..........KDB
................Aguero.............

We won't break them down through Silva's neat possession passing.

Back 4 and central 2 should resist the temptation to bomb forward and instead just feed the runners of Navas, Nacho, KDB and Aguero. Quick accurate counter attacking will be our key. Just like Leicester.

(PS. Nacho can hold his ground physically unlike Sterling)

cannot see Nacho starting, and certainly not at the expense of pushing Kev out wide.

Sterling is not match fit, we cannot take chances in this game. I hope Silva starts instead of Sterling. KDB is our main attacking threat and if Real have watched our previous CL games which they will, KDB will be marked out or atleast stifled. Silva will help counter-balance it. But, if our plan is for a clean-sheet and counter-attack, then Sterling might be a good option depending on his fitness.

Yeah...I wouldn't call Silva match fit either though. Looking at Sterling more as a way to nullify Bale.

I want this side tonight:

Hart
Sagna kompany mangala clichy
Fernando Dinho
Navas de Brunye sterling
Aguero

I've put sterling in ahead of Silva because I think he can do a job on Bale. Whatever happens we need the fans behind us tonight! Come on city!!!!

Yeah...I wouldn't call Silva match fit either though. Looking at Sterling more as a way to nullify Bale.

Bale will be one of the full backs jobs, he doesn't really track back since he's signed for Real, so doubt one of our wingers will have to mark him.

cannot see Nacho starting, and certainly not at the expense of pushing Kev out wide.

If it happens he won't be pushed out per se, they will float as usual.

How often do you see Silva being stuck to left wing, when he's deployed there? Never

Interesting ucl stats (but IMO just a coincidence). Number 1: but looking at the last couple (10) of semi finals: 2015: Real and Bayern played second leg at home; got eliminated
2014: Bayern and Chelsea played second leg athome; got eliminated
2013: Barca and Real played second leg at home; got eliminated
2012: Barca and Real played second leg at home; got eliminated
2011: Man U and Barca played second leg at home; went through
2010: Barcelona and Lyon played second leg at home; got eliminated
2009: Arsenal and Chelsea played second leg at home; got eliminated
2008: Man U and Chelsea played second leg at home; went through
2007: Liverpool and Milan played second leg at home; went through
2006: Villareal and Barca played second leg at home; Barca went through Villareal got
eliminated In 6 of the last 10 semi finals, both teams playing the second leg at home lost the tie. I
didnt go further back than 10 years but it sure seems like a trend, especially in the last 4 straight years.
Interesting stat number 2( though the trend was stopped by juve's defeat in the final): beat the defending champions in the semi finals and win the cup e.g Madrid beat bayern, bayern beat barca, chelsea beat barca, inter beat barca etc. Since barca was beaten in the quarters, the stat won't apply.

interesting stat 3: a team that has been in the champions league final usually comes back to win it two or three years later, e.g bayern, chelsea, ac milan etc. The stat might apply in athletico's case.
Interesting stat 4: every time cristiano scores against city they always end up losing.
After analysing all the stats, it seems we might have an athletico vs realmadrid final with athletico madrid getting their revenge just like liverpool did in 2006-2007 vs milan. The stats are more on athleticos side. Think city can also go through but they lack experience that madrid have at this level. History is also another factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.