City v Real Madrid post match

Something of a missed opportunity with Pizza Face on the sidelines, though.

Up front, Kev and Kun weren't really at the races.

Agreed.

You look through that RM side without CRonaldo, Benzema, James and Isco and it's really quite average in terms of attack. No goal threat at all apart from Bale.

0-0 vs "Real Madrid" sounds good but not when you look at the team tonight. They will be delighted with the result.

Their attack is weak but equally our midfield is weak and we lost our only driving force through the middle when KDB got shunted out wide. Sterling wasn't great when he came on but not keeping KDB in the centre was just baffling. He was pretty easily squeezed out of the game after the switch.

Quite disappointed. We should be going there with a couple of goals lead. Gonna take a mammoth effort now and a huge bit of luck to get through

hmmm, can't tell if serious

Yes
Possibly next week . It'll be more open and hopefully we can exploit that . Madrid will be nervous especially if they don't have you know who available. Even if he is he will be coming back from injury . We can do this . Believe

Madrid were not nervous when they played Wolfsburg who had a 2 goal advantage as well. They have too much experience for that. We need a much better performance overall to get a result there.

fuck me real Madrid playing for a draw at ickle city,how far weve come,one in the eye for the rags and scousers telling me we ll be lucky to keep them to 4 or r5

Pellegrini should have taken Kelechi off for Sterling instead of Navas, allowing De Bruyne to go back through the middle.

Our build-up play was hampered by Silva's injury, not only because we missed his contribution but it meant De Bruyne had to play out wide where he's less influential.

If Sterling was 100% match-fit I'm sure he would have come on for Silva.
Which is even more baffling that Pellegrini didn't play him a single minute against Stoke.

I was nervous about Kompany playing as he looked well off the pace against Newcastle for me, but he was excellent. Thought both sets of central defences had very good games tonight, it was a difficult game for all of the forwards.

no away goal for them is a bonus but we let modric control the middle too much, we are still going to milan though I am convinced. aslo despite other comments thought the otter was awful running round and diving in needlessly.

Wow, he won zillion balls tonight. Bit careless on those penalty tackles but out of that absolutely fantastic performance by Ottamendi.

Happy enough, we weren’t sharp enough on the break, but Madrid didn’t create anything from play – just
knock downs from free kicks.City great without the ball today, Fernando and Dinho different class. All defence were magnificent. Navas did a great job – great work rate. Sorry he went off. Stay compact next week and hopefully it clicks on the counter, Madrid will be terrified of conceding at home.. Aguero , maybe should have been rested last weekend. – did not do enough for me.. Hart 2 fantastic saves.Well done lads.
Will Ronaldo make the difference next week.?..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.