City v Real Madrid post match

The only disappointing thing is not being able to create anything. Everyone was saying "their defence is wank", "we can get at them", "Kun will tear them to pieces". But they didn't really have to do anything special to contain us. But one big performance and we can do this!
Their centre backs were very experienced.

No. We need hustle. Not control. Playing Yaya simply takes KDB out of the middle. Not a good idea. Same team but play Nacho or Sterling on the Left if Silva isn't back.
Agree. We are never going to outclass madrid and kroos so more energy and the two ferns as a defensive shield should be the better option.

It's a pity that yaya is probably the biggest game winner we have had in league and domestic cups but I struggle to recall too many games in Europe where he made any difference.

we just wanted to be still in it for next week. well we most certainly are. we will score over there. they will need at least 2 to go through. ref was a bent fuck.

Can't be unhappy with the result or performance but i can't help but think we missed an opportunity there. We were the better side until Silva went off. I don't blame Pellegrini for bringing on Kelechi, he rewarded a player for a fine performance in the previous game but i think it was the wrong decision, felt Sterling should of came on. Switching KDB to the left lost us most of our attacking threat.

They were a bunch of diving pricks and the ref was too soft to start with. There was a real danger of him losing the plot and ruining the game at one point in the first half but to his credit he got better and just about avoided doing that.

Special mention to Fernando yet again who was absolutely superb. How people on here can still want him out of the club and claim he isn't good enough i've no idea. All the big games this season he's been amongst the best 2/3 players on our side.

Madrid shown tonight that they are a very unbalanced side. They either attack, which leaves them very vulnerable to the counter, or go defensive where they create very little other than set pieces.

Next week the onus will be on them to attack but they also need to be ultra cautious. One goal for us throws the tie hugely in our favour.

We will get chances next week and approach that game like we did against Sevilla or PSG away and we will get a result.

I've been one of Pellegrini's biggest critics at times but he has learned from his mistakes in the CL. Against Barca we went to the Nou Camp in the 2nd leg with the tie pretty much over. We have now given ourselves a fantastic chance of reaching the final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.