City v Real Madrid post match

Well I really enjoyed that. Thought we did well. How good was their left full back! Oozed class.

If you had said at the start of the season and away draw will get you in the champions final you would have been delighted!

Come on city.

Reasonably happy with 0-0. Our best performances in Europe have all been away. I reckon we'll get a goal there as they'll be more adventurous leaving more opportunities for us on the break. I'm surprised they didn't go for it more for the away goal. Hart MOTM for me and I thought Otamendi and Fernando were also good tonight.

Because, some of us are prepared to give him time. He's just back from an injury and only played 3rd of the game.
His control was not great when put through, but he's not the sole reason why we did not win.
He was fine earlier in the season when we were playing well and was an integral part of that.
But when we went downhill, so did he along with many others. But certain people need to lay the blame at 1 players feet.
It's a team game.

Sterling was better than Aguero. Made two good runs and that was 2 more than Kun did. On some other day he might have nicked a goal there.

Fernando & Otamendi outstanding, closely followed by Hart.

0-0 is a good result.

Disappointed with Aguero's performance, looked off the pace compared to recent matches. Maybe he was carrying a knock.

we go there full of hope a draw is no good to them unless it results in pens of course, talk sport ripping into again, game on

In the right formation, ie not a midfield two with someone like yaya, he is absolutely superb.

I don't usually mention it on here as i can't be arsed with the discussion but i really do question if some of our fans watch or understand the game at times when commenting on certain players. Particularly Fernando. He's been brilliant all season and imo Pep will appreciate him too. He's more than a De Jong destroyer. He reads the game as good as anyone, he might not see him spraying 40 yard passes everywhere but he's rather good on the ball too. Like you said, when used correctly he's a very valuable player.

Sterling looks like he would struggle in the under 11s at the moment

A valid point but worth it imo rather than sacrificing the influence KDB had on the game by moving him to the left. He was our best and tbh only threat tonight and lost all threat when he was stuck out wide left.

But he's not talking to a load of IT engineers who happen to now be running Real Madrid. Everyone who has played sport at any level knows that if you pull your hammy like that you arent playing the next week. Or indeed the week after that. No point in bullshitting anyone, as this is simply fact. Not telling anyone anything they didnt know, Zidane is in charge of Real, not Zoolander

Oh, so football is so easy and predictable in your world.

Happy with that. 0-0 at halftime, no away goal for them.
All our defenders can be really proud of their performance. Great to see Kompany play so well. Fernando and Fernandinho were terrific, high pressing and tracking back all game. Silva looked pretty sublime, terrible he's now injured. KDB and Agüero had flashes of brilliance; Navas really impressed especially his flicks and runs out of the tightest spaces. Just for the importance of those two saves Joe Hart motm. Fantastic stop with his foot. The point-blank one was miraculous.
And as he said, we're ready for a good old fashioned rumble in the 2nd leg. Go on City I believe we can do it.

Well I really enjoyed that. Thought we did well. How good was their left full back! Oozed class.

If you had said at the start of the season and away draw will get you in the champions final you would have been delighted!

Come on city.
No a 0-0 will not get us through - will go to penalties

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.