City v Real Madrid post match

I talked to Martin Samuel after the game and he said at least we didn't do an Arsenal and lose the first leg, Madrid were there for the taking in the first half but I noticed Aguero jarred his knee 10 mins into the match and I think that affected his game. For me Nacho should have gone out on the left and KDB stay in the middle he was more effective there, still all to play for, match them next week and we are through.

I understand your point but I'm old school, always keep the opposition guessing although with media these days it's not that easy.
Nothing to do with the media mate, thats what I meant by Zidane running the team. These are players or ex players, Pellegrini included. Everyone knows about hammy injuries. You get one, youre out. Its no state secret, and no media or mind games needed

Real Madrid learned from the loss in Wolsburg, that going gung ho, is a no no, at this stage.
No Ronaldo, and so they had to play defensive and not to lose, meaning that our chances were few and far between.
In Madrid, Real will attack, even if Ronaldo isn't back, which plays into our hands, more space for the counter, and with Aguero, KDB and Fernandinho surging forward, we have a chance to pick them off and pick up an away goal

I hope Pellegrini won't regret not bringing Kelechi back off for Sterling around the 70 minute mark.

Would have let De Bruyne go back through the middle. We didn't look creative at all with him out on the left and Aguero not 100%.

Real Madrid learned from the loss in Wolsburg, that going gung ho, is a no no, at this stage.
No Ronaldo, and so they had to play defensive and not to lose, meaning that our chances were few and far between.
In Madrid, Real will attack, even if Ronaldo isn't back, which plays into our hands, more space for the counter, and with Aguero, KDB and Fernandinho surging forward, we have a chance to pick them off and pick up an away goal
Exactly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.