City v Saints post match

Pep said they changed their mentality in the 2nd half and the first half was slow and couldn't get the build up going,this starting slow has been a problem for yrs,not sure he can change that with the older players still here

[QUOTE="Rammy Blue]

I think that's probably our biggest weakness, to me it seemed to be the main difference between us and Barcelona. But that's down to some of the players we've got, rather than our style of play - I suppose Pep will be looking to get players in who can complete the jigsaw.

Barca have 11 players comfortable with the ball at their feet and able to change the pace of the game as they see fit. We have 4 or 5 capable of that, and the rest trying their best to do it with varying results.
I've no problem with Pep wanting us to get to a similar standard to Barca, we all want that, but I think he's going to have to make allowances for the inferior quality we have. Hopefully he will replace players who aren't capable of playing how he wants, but in the meantime, pragmatism might be the order of the day.[/QUOTE]

Technique! Barca seem to have everyone who can kill the ball stone dead not matter where it comes from or how it's hit. We haven't got that level of technical excellence and we haven't got a player like Messi who can run at players and look as though he has the ball tied to his foot. Sterling and Sane will have a go at their fullbacks but it's often 'blind alley' stuff.

Watched on Bein Sports on holiday. They never said the Stones goal had been disallowed and for about 3 or 4 mins I thought it was 1-1 and they'd just forgot to update the score in the top corner of the screen. Proper sinkin feeling when it began to dawn on me.. twats!!!

I have no idea why having started off with a back four and looking comfortable we've gone to a back 3 when we don't have the players to suit that formation. They had way too much space on the ball today and against a better team we would really have been punished.

Also you would have thought Pep would have realised by now that Sterling's far more effective on the right.

Hopefully Vince can get a run of games now as he will make a big difference.

Yes, and opponents know we are still learning to play this system - so they're primed to try and hurry us and force a mistake.
None of us know what's actually being said in the dressing room, so this 'playing out from the back AT ALL COSTS' is probably hyperbole, but we do seem to be playing as though it were true!
I like to hope Pep is saying 'if it's possible to play out from the back, do so - but otherwise, play it safe' and thus it's just our decision making on when it's appropriate or not that needs work. If it's true that we're playing out from the back at all costs - then I have no problem in sticking my head above the parapet and saying that's madness (even if Pep wants it).

That just doesn't work fella

Absolute bollocks, if you do not relish the rags getting rinsed, you are not from the Manchester area, the crap I used to have to take when we were crap was horrible, so you can stick you reverting to type where the sun don't shine :-)

Fair enough.
Born in Altrincham, lived in Manchester all my life - only 48 years to be honest.
Yeah had to put up with plenty when we were crap - still couldn't care less about their results above ours

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.