City v Saints post match

If Pep is guilty of anything right now its trying to shoehorn too many of our midfielders in.

You play either Kevin or David for me and certainly not both.

Full backs are our biggest weak link and have been for a few years now and both sides needs urgent addressing and should have been done in the summer imo.

While I fully agree with the shoe horning bit, at the start of the season we had both kdb and silva and they are playing amazing football....i think the problem has come since Ilky started playing in there as well. Its not that he has been playing badly (He wasn't great today but then again no one was) but the midfield has become too congested......i don't think you can play all 4 together.....more likely its one of Ilky or ferna that need to be rotated.....though as I've meniotned before Im convinced ferna at right back would be awesome ...especially in the way pep wants his fullbacks to play.....I mean he had navas basically playing there for the last 10 mins or so today!)

We mentioned that too, it was bloody ridiculous, getting beat and no-one getting the ball back to the pitch quickly.

All sat behind the hoardings (must not upset sponsors) and then they are sat with their backs to play and on their arses.

Agree it has to be looked at or no point in having them at all.

When al your top players do not perform this is what happens. Passes astray, being caught in possession, constantly giving goals aways.....what other results can we expect. We need a plan B and as quickly as possible. Just hope Pep has the answers.

We could always launch it

Pleased to have got a point in the end.

All part of the process, no need to panic.

Pep and the players will learn and move on.

Right now we just need to stay in contention while Pep gets his ideas embedded.
Very comforting words. I hope you are right.

Well below par performance overall. What struck me today was our lack of ball retention and clean passing. Quite often the players would be reaching for a pass. The Saints on the other hand were crisp in their passing at times and I was really impressed with their technical ability on the ball. Glad they took Tadic off in the end. They well deserved the point despite what the stats say.

If Pep is guilty of anything right now its trying to shoehorn too many of our midfielders in.

You play either Kevin or David for me and certainly not both.

Full backs are our biggest weak link and have been for a few years now and both sides needs urgent addressing and should have been done in the summer imo.
I see it as one of Silva and Gundogan should play, but not both. Fernandinho and De Bruyne are too important.

Let's get this right, we draw at home against a well drilled side who came to the etihad with the total intention of going home with the point they started with.
Then this place goes into meltdown, forgetting one thing, you have to win football games. We were off the pace today, that happens, analyse the games we have not won. Apart from the spuds game we were OK playing well, okay not taking chances, but ,creating them.
Thee is a lot going for this team, you can see the potential. I remember many years ago walking down Claremont lane, after some dire performance listening to the guys saying "there is nothing to hope for" well it ain't like that now.
We have a fabulous coach, great players, great set up all is well, so cheer up all things will get better :-)

still early to judge and we are only 9 games into the premier league and in my book we need 2 more transfer windows to clean out and bring in new faces the signs are great and at times we look great but the pressure of the media and the great start to the start of the season and that question from the press about winning all 4 competitions and pep stance on joe hart and bringing bravo is the only down side of what you knew he was going to get from the press with joe being english

but come on i know who's corner i would like to be in pep or jose that's easy hahahahhaha
long term pep is building and we are in safe hands the club is going in the right way and if we can pick up silverware this season and top 4 i think most fans would be happy but if the team can put a run together and gel and keep injury free we will be right in the mix to win the league and LOOK AT THE TABLE WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE AFTER A 3 GAME NON WINNING RUN

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.