City v Saints post match

And Spurs two points from West Brom and Bournemouth is a bit shit.

And Arsenal a point at home to Boro is a bit shit.

It's football. And we are top.
Dropped points I know but pep is still trying different styles with different formations 3 at the back works well when the players are used to the system, so given time it could be the way forward! still early days yet me thinks so don't get too down just yet and stay positive.

Yes I am. And I was a city fan last year too when I was one of the few on here sticking up for our then manager and getting shouted down every time because he was "shite" and a "fucking corpse". I was also told, repeatedly, that when we get Pep all this will be forgotten. He's the best in the world etc.

And yet, in Europe we have gone backwards alarmingly, and in the league we are more or less on par with what Pellers achieved last season DESPITE having a squad that has had millions lavished on it, DESPITE united being the worst united side for decades with a busted flush as manager, DESPITE Chelsea having to come from further back than ourselves, and with a new manager too and, most tellingly, DESPITE having the manager in place that we have stood on the sidelines winking at for four years, ruffling our skirts. And with the entire club being run in his image for the last four years from the tea lady to the boardroom. It's all there for him. It's still most definitely early enough for him to turn around this mini slump, and he has shown balls in some of his decision making that I applaud, but if all that happens this season is we tread water it makes the four year courtship and the sacking of two excellent managers that went into it to make room for Pep look desperate and ridiculous.

I'm also beginning to wonder if he has a touch of the Steve coppells about him.
Lol,saw through you a long time ago

Yes I am. And I was a city fan last year too when I was one of the few on here sticking up for our then manager and getting shouted down every time because he was "shite" and a "fucking corpse". I was also told, repeatedly, that when we get Pep all this will be forgotten. He's the best in the world etc.

And yet, in Europe we have gone backwards alarmingly, and in the league we are more or less on par with what Pellers achieved last season DESPITE having a squad that has had millions lavished on it, DESPITE united being the worst united side for decades with a busted flush as manager, DESPITE Chelsea having to come from further back than ourselves, and with a new manager too and, most tellingly, DESPITE having the manager in place that we have stood on the sidelines winking at for four years, ruffling our skirts. And with the entire club being run in his image for the last four years from the tea lady to the boardroom. It's all there for him. It's still most definitely early enough for him to turn around this mini slump, and he has shown balls in some of his decision making that I applaud, but if all that happens this season is we tread water it makes the four year courtship and the sacking of two excellent managers that went into it to make room for Pep look desperate and ridiculous.

Steve coppell wtf is all that about, you mean him that lasted less than a month at City, oh forgot somebody like you wasn't here then :-(

Still light years better than when pellegrini was boss.

We lost twice to Juventus last year, got lucky against Sevilla at the Etihad with last min winner but they outplayed us for majority of the game, Gladbach outplayed us at Borussia Park for 65 minutes last season. Real Madrid were superior in both matches against us. We weren't that good performance wise in Europe last season. Against PSG it was very even.

We also got embarrassed against Barca in 2014/15 (performance wise), whereas until Bravo's madness, we were very competitive and actually had some possession and pressure.

I certainly do not miss the times where Liverpool were fucking us in the ass and we are 3 down by 35 minutes with Yaya as captain. We were that bad last season, you don't turnaround that kind of mess in fucking 3 months.

Mr Deyna is having an early night folks so no need to keep quoting him.

If anybody criticizes the team or manager they are rags and if you stick up for the team or manager you are an happy clapper judging by the comments on 1st 20 odd pages.
We were awful 1st half and a lot better 2nd half but still a long way from playing as we need too.
Nacho made a huge difference when he came on.
Sterling had a decent game as did Sane.
We need to move the ball much quicker from the back than we have been doing in order to give the forwards a chance to break.
Beat the rags and baggies and we will file todays result as one of those days.

Lakey made a very good point on GMR post match that people should give themselves a couple of hours post match for the emotions to subside before texting, posting on forums and ringing phone ins. All very well but that would be his programme fucked in that case. However, having had time to digest it, helped by United's result, I'm frustrated but not disheartened. We are undoing ourselves and getting punished time and again but still top of the league.

Would be useful to have a guide as to how many pages into a post match thread we have to go before the sober analysis kicks in, save me reading so many pages of one word dummy throwing posts. If I wanted that I'd head off to ragcafe. In face, see you in a bit...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.