City V Southampton post match discussion

mike channon´s windmill said:
Missed Nige today - we had no-one protecting the back 4 and coming out quickly to confront the man on the ball. Rodwell did ok but he´s no NDJ in that specific role. I sincerely hpe DDR is on the way if Nige departs

Nasri immense

This and this again

I'm just glad we won. We were tested throughout mentally from the get go with aguero's injury, and tbh, i wasn't really sure if we had in us to come back from 2-1. So, to get 3 points is a fantastic result & good teams always find a way to win even when they're playing badly.

Despite making a costly mistake, i thought Rodwell was solid on his debut.

themadinventor said:
First game rusty and with a new player in the team, I'd rather start like that and get better as the season goes on than start on fire and fade away, 3 points , happy.

I agree, didn't we struggle against Swansea as well on the first game last year? I know we won well but a lot of people were saying we should have done better.

Just because Southampton are newly promoted does not mean they are shit and winning when not playing well is a sign of champions.

kippaxwarrior said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
worrying and underwhelming.

still have the same problems as last year, haven't corrected any of them, defence all over the place, midfield not good enough. if de jong goes we haven't got enough, we NEED a DM in the squad.

aguero could be out for the season, who knows

Talk about knee jerk

i know, but you have to over prepare if you want to do well in this league.

Re: Arrogance

Very much typical city except we managed to turn it round and get three points. No doubt press won't be saying true sign of champions to not play brilliantly go down 2-1 but still manage to win. Nothing against Rodwell but would have preferred NDJ.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.