City v Southampton pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Nasri, Zabaleta, Mangala, Kolarov, Delph, Sterling and Iheanacho can come in for Silva, Sagna, Kompany, Clichy, Fernando/ Fernandinho, KdB and Kun. Have KdB, Aguero in case we need them.

Means only Hart, Navas, Otamendi and one of the Ferns plays 3 games in a row with possibly a rest for 2 of the outfield players against Arsenal.

He hasn't been in the injury lists but not even in the squad for RM game,i wondered if mp has had it with him,we'll see on sunday i guess

It is a strategy. Announce Bony as fit at the last minute to terrify Southampton and destabilise all their plans to have to face him up front.

They will not have an answer.

Though possibly will muster a chuckle.

To be fair Bony's hold up play is easily the best thing that he does and used well could be a good tactic - so coupled with the pace of Iheanacho it might be a masterstroke.

With Aguero on the bench for a final 20 mins against tired defenders if plan A does not work out. Nicking a late penalty and winner.

Southampton are a bit like we were up to recent weeks - great going forward, vulnerable at the back.

Could be a few goals at both ends.

----------------Hart-----------------
Zab-Otamendi-Mangala-Kolarov
------------Fernando---------------
----Fernandinho--Delph----------
Sterling-----------------------Nasri
---------------Aguero---------------

----------------Hart-----------------
Zab-Otamendi-Mangala-Kolarov
----Fernandinho--Delph----------
Navas---------Nasri--------Sterling
---------------Aguero---------------

All I really hope for is not to see Delph as a left winger though. Guessing we'll rest some players such as KdB, Navas, Fernando/Fernandinho, Kompany, Clichy & Sagna.

Does anyone else fear Manuel may use DeMichelis as DM?

oh-shi.gif

Ideally should rest both Ferns but only one, our central midfield lacks some serious quality in depth once we lose one of Ferns and/or Yaya. Pretty shocking. Can't wait for a couple of new arrivals in the summer.

I'd rotate both full backs, Mangala for Kompany, Delph for either Fern, Iheanacho for Aguero and bring in Sterling/Nasri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.