City v Southampton pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
------------hart
zaba ---ota ---- magala ---- kolarov
-------delph ---- fernando------
sterling ------nasri---------de bruyne
------------iheanacho

not the best line up. Worried about the lack of bite in midfield. Plenty of attacking pace and skill though. 4-3 city

Rotation , rotation , rotation , all change for the Saints game , if we are serious about giving Real a game on Wednesday ,we have only got one shot at making the champs league final , we do not want any more injuries , CABELLERO ,- ZABS , MANGALA , MDM , KOLAROV - STERLING , GARCIA , DELPH , NEMANE - IHEANACHO , BONY , that is still an expensively assembled team with 9 internatonals , and we will still have a chance to beat the goons and swansea to get 4th spot.

With that team you're probably right. If we don't win it we won't be in it next season.

Play the team suggested, lose 5-1 like at Chelsea, see us needing help to finish ahead of United. Not sure how any of that will help lift the team for what is going to have to be a monumental effort on Wednesday.

Success breeds success - not chucking games away to save yourself for another battle.

Victory at Southampton would be hard for our first choice team. But it is also a perfect testing ground for going to Madrid as we may well face a similar attacking blitz with a defence we can breach.

We ought to be using that to our advantage to try out tactical ideas in a real setting and hope to start strong then remove players early in the second half to save them for Wednesday, not waste the opportunity to build momentum and win vital points.

Hart
Zabaleta
Otamendi
Mangala
Kolarov
Delph
Nando/Dinho
Nasri
Nacho
Sterling
Bony

Changing both full-backs is obvious, as is resting VK.i can't see how we can rest both Ferns, with Yaya doubtful. Sam obviously comes in, as he's not eligible for Wednesday and a start for Raheem might mean he'd be ready to start in the Bernebeu too. Nacho and Wilf for KdB and Kun is a no-brainer, IMHO.

Still a strong team and capable of winning at St Mary's.

Perhaps a lot easier said than done, but we should go out all guns blazing on Sunday with Aguero ad De-Bruyne starting, and the mind set of putting it to bed early!!
Then we should look to take rest Aguero and the likes at the earliest opportunity.

I still have concerns about us making the top 4 and relying on us winning the Champions League to ensure we're in it for next season, is a risk too far in my opinion.

.......................HART

ZAB.....OTAMENDI.....MANGALA.....KOLAROV

..........FERNANDO......DELPH

STERLING.......DE-BRUYNE.........NASRI

.....................AGUERO

Look to replace Aguero, De-Bruyne and Fernando at the earliest opportunity.

Does anyone else fear Manuel may use DeMichelis as DM?
Stick him at DM with Yaya as his partner in a 2, Delph on the wing & Bony in a 4-4-2 with Sterling up top; ensuring Kolarov is at left back. That's this forums dream right there.

Caballero
Zab Otamendi Mangala Kolarov
Navas Yaya MDM Delph
Bony Sterling

Masterpiece.

Stick him at DM with Yaya as his partner in a 2, Delph on the wing & Bony in a 4-4-2 with Sterling up top; ensuring Kolarov is at left back. That's this forums dream right there.

Caballero
Zab Otamendi Mangala Kolarov
Navas Yaya MDM Delph
Bony Sterling

Masterpiece.
Is Masterpiece match fit?
Only joking, I would have nacho alongside bony, hart in goal and Fernando in place of MDM who should not be in such an important game.

------------hart
zaba ---ota ---- magala ---- kolarov
-------delph ---- fernando------
sterling ------nasri---------de bruyne
------------iheanacho

not the best line up. Worried about the lack of bite in midfield. Plenty of attacking pace and skill though. 4-3 city

That for me, just swap Nasri & De Bruyne.

As much I think we'll need De Bruyne I think we'll need Clichy, Sagna, Fernandinho, Navas and Aguero more. That's something I never thought I'd say.
Sadly without Dave or Ya Ya he will have to play.

KEV off for Bony all being well.
Fernando off for Demichellis or a youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.