City v Southampton pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really believe a manager would chop and change his team / tactics an hr before kick off for what is a vital game? I certainly don't.

No, and don't the team sheets have to be in before the United game finishes?

The United game shouldn't have any bearing on our preparations. Where it might be a factor is if United lose and we are drawing after 80 mins. Pellegrini's final substitution would probably be defensive rather than attacking.

Why are we even thinking about fooking about with the team, Leicester have blitzed the league by playing the same team week in week out.

The maximum games we have left is 5.

Time to start the best 11 available for each match as it comes.

I love Zab but this season he shouldn't play again barring injury to others.

Always only my opinion.

Ordinarily, most would agree. However, we all have pretty much the same idea as to what our strongest 11 would be on a weekly basis, but some of them looked dead on their feet Tues, and to include them in the team for tomorrow could easily result in not our strongest team being proposed.

Manager has a difficult few days ahead, and I trust he and his back up team will assess each players fitness and who needs resting, not just for next week, but also not to ensure they overdo it and pick up injuries.

No, and don't the team sheets have to be in before the United game finishes?

The United game shouldn't have any bearing on our preparations. Where it might be a factor is if United lose and we are drawing after 80 mins. Pellegrini's final substitution would probably be defensive rather than attacking.

Team sheets (I believe) are submitted 1hr before kick off. The poster I was responding too was suggesting tweaking the team sheet depending on the Rags game up until he has to submit our team. It would be folly IMO, for him to change the plan that has been prepared at such short notice.

I agree though, that subs during the game could be altered to suit our needs

Why are we even thinking about fooking about with the team, Leicester have blitzed the league by playing the same team week in week out.

Always only my opinion.
Because Leicester,haven,t played anywhere near the games we have played.

Always only my opinion.
Your opinion is a good one and shared by many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.