City v Southampton pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart
Zabaleta - Demechelis - Mangala - Kolarov
Fernando - Delph
Jesus Navas - Kelechi - Sterling
Bony
Can't see him resting everyone, and we now he doesn't opt for youth/inexperience all that often, but the above would see you're entire back 4 rested, along with Yaya, Fernandinho, KDB and Aguero.

DeMichelis. You trying to wind us up ? ;-)

Very true , this highlights the signings of Bony , Delph and Sterling , none of them are good enough at Champs league level , and the main reason why Kun , Dinho and Silva have been flogged to death this season , although Sterling deserves the benefit of the doubt , he is young and can improve , and Delph needs time to adapt to our playing style , but Bony has been an unmitigating disaster
Hasn't Sterling performed v well in Europe or have my eyes deceived me?

Why are we even thinking about fooking about with the team, Leicester have blitzed the league by playing the same team week in week out.

The maximum games we have left is 5.

Time to start the best 11 available for each match as it comes.

I love Zab but this season he shouldn't play again barring injury to others.

Always only my opinion.

Why are we even thinking about fooking about with the team, Leicester have blitzed the league by playing the same team week in week out.

The maximum games we have left is 5.

Time to start the best 11 available for each match as it comes.

I love Zab but this season he shouldn't play again barring injury to others.

Always only my opinion.

Exactly, week in week out not every 3 days. Madrid is going to be extremely hard on the players physically. They're not going to have much of the ball and they're going to have to work their bollocks off for 90 minutes to stand a chance. You could see early into the second half on Tuesday that some were feeling it already and struggled badly towards the end. Some ran run all day and others prefer playing constantly but there will be some that will need the rest to recharge for Tuesday.

It's a tough call with 4th hanging in the balance, he needs to get this selection right more than ever. We need to rest as many as possible whilst still having enough on the pitch to win. Doesn't need to be pretty we just need the 3 points somehow. A win on Sunday is just as vital as a result on Wednesday imo.

Seems strange to me that a fourth placed finish in the Prem secures Champions' League football for next season but a top four finish in the UCL itself does not. Surely the UCL Top 4 deserve qualification for the next tournament ...

Hart
Zabaleta - Demechelis - Mangala - Kolarov
Fernando - Delph
Jesus Navas - Kelechi - Sterling
Bony
Can't see him resting everyone, and we now he doesn't opt for youth/inexperience all that often, but the above would see you're entire back 4 rested, along with Yaya, Fernandinho, KDB and Aguero.

Why no Samir? This is exactly when we should be playing him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.