City v Southampton pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton striker Graziano Pelle could return after sitting out last weekend's win at Aston Villa.

Charlie Austin has returned to training following a hamstring injury and may be included on the bench.

"Saints have won four of the last six games and are only a couple of points behind West Ham in the race for sixth and the probable Europa League spot that will come with it."

I think Pellegrini made it clear which competition the focus lies on by the team you put out in the FA Cup at Chelsea.

Also, don't you play after United meet Leicester? I think, depending on when teamsheets have to be submitted, that it could play in Pellegrini's hands.

Take Arsenal to beat Norwich on Saturday, and say United are leading late in the game with Leicester, then the pressure will be on City to pick up at least a point. However, should United be losing then perhaps Pellegrini will think United wont catch City and could afford to rest a few key players?

I think Pellegrini made it clear which competition the focus lies on by the team you put out in the FA Cup at Chelsea.

Also, don't you play after United meet Leicester? I think, depending on when teamsheets have to be submitted, that it could play in Pellegrini's hands.

Take Arsenal to beat Norwich on Saturday, and say United are leading late in the game with Leicester, then the pressure will be on City to pick up at least a point. However, should United be losing then perhaps Pellegrini will think United wont catch City and could afford to rest a few key players?
Have to agree our team will depend on the outcome of the rags v foxes game

Hart
Zabaleta - Demechelis - Mangala - Kolarov
Fernando - Delph
Jesus Navas - Kelechi - Sterling
Bony
Can't see him resting everyone, and we now he doesn't opt for youth/inexperience all that often, but the above would see you're entire back 4 rested, along with Yaya, Fernandinho, KDB and Aguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.