City v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Southampton Pre match Discussion Thread

Soulboy said:
.............Pantilimon................
....Zabaleta....Kompany...........Lescott......
Milner......... DE Jong......Nasri.........Kolarov....
........................Yaya.........................
..........Tevez..................Aguero...........

Subs -
Hart (best not risk him if he's not 100%)
Savic (I would prefer Kolo, but I think he might not be here much longer)
Clichy
Silva (give him last 30 minutes as a warm up)
Rodwell
Johnson (chance to give everyone a wave...)
Dzeko

Balotelli not to be risked.

The 3 at the back is an extremely attacking line up. I'm amazed that some see it as a defensive formation. I do think Mancini will perservere with it, as it's a tactic still alien to most Premiership clubs and it may impose us better when the shithouses park the bus.

The beauty of 3 at the back is that it can easily morph into 5 at the back if the team comes under pressure. Every team should have 3 at the back in its armoury, if only for those games which you need to win but have a player sent off.

But its too attacking a line up for Mancini to play without 2 DM's. Once Silva is fully fit we'll only play it in certain games such as away in the CL when Nasri drops to the bench.

anybody actually worried Joe Hart's injury may be bad enough for him to miss more than one game?

City Vs Southampton Pre match Discussion Thread

I'll be happy with a 2-0 victory but it would be good to score 5 or 6 put a marker down, it'll put pressure on the rags early knowing if they lose its like em being 4 points behind already :))

waspish said:
I'll be happy with a 2-0 victory but it would be good to score 5 or 6 put a marker down, it'll put pressure on the rags early knowing if they lose its like em being 4 points behind already :))

10 would be great but 12 would be better

"SoulboyThe 3 at the back is an extremely attacking line up.

As with all formations it depends on many other influences as to whether it is "attacking"

If the mid 5 are stacked with DM's and FB's converted to WB's then it can be quite plodding.

Barca plays 3 at the back and its all attacking all of the time.

I rather like it for us and think it could work very well.

Chances of David starting tommorrow?

I only ask because I have him in my fantasy and have just realised he hasn't had much per-season action. So, wil he play of you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.