City v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chances of David starting tommorrow?

I'd use Dave very sparingly over the next 2 months, he's hardly had a break over the last few years and wont be getting one until the summer of 2015. Give him a bit of rest now and hopefully we will reap the rewards with his performances in March and April.

bluesmith said:
I'd use Dave very sparingly over the next 2 months, he's hardly had a break over the last few years and wont be getting one until the summer of 2015. Give him a bit of rest now and hopefully we will reap the rewards with his performances in March and April.

Absolute madness to rest your best player now at the period of the season when he is generally at his most productive. Give him a rest I agree but do it when the pitches become heavier and the conditions are not as good. We saw his performances drop over the winter months, rest him then.

Although I accept he wont start as yet due to a lack of pre-season

Re: City Vs Southampton Pre match Discussion Thread

MCFC LA Blues meeting to watch the game

MCFC v Southampton - 8.19.12 - 8 am

On The Rocks Bar Redondo Beach, West coast of Los Angeles, California.

If anyone is in town, come down and have a beer with some fellow blues.

See you there

if you want more info call Tim 310 765 0787

Hopefully at least half an hour and can he sign his contract while he's at it??? Not signing a contract offer with 2 years left is often an implication the player wants to leave (flap, flap, flap). :x

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I think he will play.

Will probably depend on the formation. 3-5-2 I would expect Nasri to start. 4-4-2 and Silva would be back in also.

The interviews with Platt suggest the 3-5-2 will be used to provide more width when teams defend deep so its logical really we will use it tomorrow.

franksinatra said:
bluesmith said:

Absolute madness to rest your best player now at the period of the season when he is generally at his most productive. Give him a rest I agree but do it when the pitches become heavier and the conditions are not as good. We saw his performances drop over the winter months, rest him then.

Although I accept he wont start as yet due to a lack of pre-season
I'd rather have Silva flying in March than now. The rest of the team will be at full strength meaning he wont be as critical to us over the next 2 months. Look at how poor he was in March last year when we struggled, giving him more rest now will mean he shouldnt be tired come March when we are more likely to have injuries and suspensions and we really need him to perform at the top of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.