City v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chances of David starting tommorrow?

bluesmith said:
I'd use Dave very sparingly over the next 2 months, he's hardly had a break over the last few years and wont be getting one until the summer of 2015. Give him a bit of rest now and hopefully we will reap the rewards with his performances in March and April.

Why 2015?

Re: City Vs Southampton Pre match Discussion Thread

--------------------Hart

------Zabaleta----Kompany----Lescott

-Milner---Yaya Toure-----De Jong----Kolarov

--------------------Nasri
------------Aguero---------Tevez

Re: Chances of David starting tommorrow?

bluesmith said:
franksinatra said:
bluesmith said:
I'd use Dave very sparingly over the next 2 months, he's hardly had a break over the last few years and wont be getting one until the summer of 2015. Give him a bit of rest now and hopefully we will reap the rewards with his performances in March and April.

Absolute madness to rest your best player now at the period of the season when he is generally at his most productive. Give him a rest I agree but do it when the pitches become heavier and the conditions are not as good. We saw his performances drop over the winter months, rest him then.

Although I accept he wont start as yet due to a lack of pre-season
I'd rather have Silva flying in March than now. The rest of the team will be at full strength meaning he wont be as critical to us over the next 2 months. Look at how poor he was in March last year when we struggled, giving him more rest now will mean he shouldnt be tired come March when we are more likely to have injuries and suspensions and we really need him to perform at the top of his game.

Surely if we want him flying in March the best method would be to rest him around winter time not now. Following your suggestion, he will be rested to the end of September and then will play for a full five months flat out, when pitches are heavy and in the worst condition, before the period you suggest he needs resting for. Doesn't make sense to me.

Re: Chances of David starting tommorrow?

Ovo said:
bluesmith said:

Why 2015?
Because he wont have a summer off due to Spain international tournaments.

I think they will come at us all out leaving themselves open at the back, high scoring game maybe 4 - 2.

City Vs Southampton Pre match Discussion Thread

bluesmith said:
Ovo said:
bluesmith said:

Why 2015?
Because he wont have a summer off due to Spain international tournaments.

What tournaments are next year? I know 2014 is the world cup.

I think it could be a cricket score tomorrow with all the crowd up for it and our players straining at the leash to get off to a great start but we shouldn't get to carried away, the Saints might get a sneaky goal but hopefully City will get four or more goals and put the pressure on the rest of the title chasers from the off.
City 5 Saints 1.

Is rodwell fit read somewhere he could have a hamstring problem! Thats what kept him out for most of last year! Cant be though he would have has a proper good medical be then again RSC passed!lol Think it will be interesting to see if AJ is in the squad!

Rammyblues said:
I see him reverting back to type

..............................Hart
Zab............Kompany...........Lescott.......Clichy

...................NDJ...............Yaya

Silva......................Tevez..................Nasri
.......................Aguero.

Just depends on the fitness of Lescott and Silva.

If not

..............................Hart

Zab.......................Kompany.................Clichy

Milner.................................................Kolorov

................NDJ........................Yaya

...........................Nasri

.............Aguero..................Tevez
This. Also predicting a 4-0 win. Nasri, Aguero, Tevez, Lescott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.