City v Spurs Post Match Thread

leipzigblue said:
Due to living in Germany, I only get to see the games via live streams now. Before today's game, I'd missed just one this season - the 7-0 over Norwich.
Had to go to a family dinner today (the girlfriend's, not mine), so wasn't able to watch the game. Said to Mrs Leipzig before the game that it'd be just typical of my luck for City to thrash Spurs today cos I'm not watching.
Just found out the score 30 minutes ago, and she's told me to never watch City again!
Ah well, I'll see you all in Munich anyway!
Does Mrs Leipzig know about your girlfriend?

I haven't read the whole thread, but will just say this coz it needs saying...

Yes we were scoring for fun and could have won 9 or 10 nil. Of course that was awesome. But it was not all roses.

Pellegrini says we could not have played better, but he is wrong on that and in a strange kind of way, we were lucky. After the first crazy goal, for the next 30 minutes, Spurs bossed the game, at the Etihad! their midfield owned ours and we were struggling to hold on. I sat there thinking their equaliser was inevitable. Then after we scored a 2nd and 3rd, their hearts sank and the rest is history. (They made it worse for themselves by bringing Adebayor on and giving up their midfield advantage.)

But those first 30 minutes were concerning. Had they had any real goal threat, we could have been a couple of goals down easily. Pellegrini's refusal to play 5 in midfield or to drop Aguero deeper to cover, is in a way admirable. But is it going to cost us against top sides? Bayern ripped us apart for much the same reason.

Just saying.

Anyone else hearing Spuds players were out on the lash at the boxing on Saturday night? In a box, allegedly. Surely got to be bollocks, they would have been spotted?

Chippy_boy said:

Yes we were scoring for fun and could have won 9 or 10 nil. Of course that was awesome. But it was not all roses.

Pellegrini says we could not have played better, but he is wrong on that and in a strange kind of way, we were lucky. After the first crazy goal, for the next 30 minutes, Spurs bossed the game, at the Etihad! their midfield owned ours and we were struggling to hold on. I sat there thinking their equaliser was inevitable. Then after we scored a 2nd and 3rd, their hearts sank and the rest is history. (They made it worse for themselves by bringing Adebayor on and giving up their midfield advantage.)

But those first 30 minutes were concerning. Had they had any real goal threat, we could have been a couple of goals down easily. Pellegrini's refusal to play 5 in midfield or to drop Aguero deeper to cover, is in a way admirable. But is it going to cost us against top sides? Bayern ripped us apart for much the same reason.

Just saying.

I just posted on another thread: between about minutes 10 and 35 we were poor. The good news was we defended pretty well, but the midfielders just kept giving the ball back to Spurs. We did get lucky by being gifted goals but we were absolutely clinical and put the game beyond Spurs. From that point onwards, though we were superb. And we should have been 3-0 up before that bad spell.

Without Silva and Kompany it would be churlish to moan, though ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
Chippy_boy said:

Just saying.

I just posted on another thread: between about minutes 10 and 35 we were poor. The good news was we defended pretty well, but the midfielders just kept giving the ball back to Spurs. We did get lucky by being gifted goals but we were absolutely clinical and put the game beyond Spurs. From that point onwards, though we were superb. And we should have been 3-0 up before that bad spell.

I agree to an extent, Spuds had a lot of possesion in that time but Pants didn't really need to make any saves. We dropped back and let them try to break us down. We need to be this clinical away from home.

Our league season could be make or break the next 4 games which include WBA and Southampton away and arse at home - I think we need 12 points

onceabluealways said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Chippy_boy said:

Just saying.

I agree to an extent, Spuds had a lot of possesion in that time but Pants didn't really need to make any saves. We dropped back and let them try to break us down. We need to be this clinical away from home.

Our league season could be make or break the next 4 games which include WBA and Southampton away and arse at home - I think we need 12 points

Yeah, we defended pretty well. They got behind us once through Lennon and Panty didn't get down to the cross. But overall we were fairly comfortable. But we could have easily used that period to create more chances but Ya Ya and Nasri just kept giving the ball back to them.

I was really pleased with the way we defended without Vinny yesterday, as well as the way we attacked without Silva.

Without those two, particularly Silva, I would have been happy with any kind of win, scraped, lucky, anything.

It wasn't our best of the season, though. Our best of the season was Norwich and the first hour against United and Moscow. Second half at Chelsea was up there too.

Love how Pellegrini's next 4 games are always fucking crucial to him lol.

All games are crucial and he is going nowhere.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Is anyone else amazed that Lamela and Soldado cost a combined £58m? Negredo and Navas cost £36m

No as they are clearly excellent value for money whilst our boys are overpriced, over hyped mercenaries who wont see the winter out!

That Levy bloke is a genius didn't you know? ;-)

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Is anyone else amazed that Lamela and Soldado cost a combined £58m? Negredo and Navas cost £36m

But no one in the media will acknowledge that will they? "Of course they are bound to win (City) they have spent millions/billions". Because no other team in the Universe ever spends money on players only City!!! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.