City v Stoke - 23/04/16 - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team with possibly Sterling interchanged for Navas or I suppose Fernando and move Yaya further up?

Yeh I thought of the two Ferns with Yaya higher up but would mean moving KDB wider. Either way it should still be good enough to get the 3 points on Saturday.

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Otamendi Clichy
Fernandinho Fernando
Navas Silva Sterling
Aguero

Or something like that. If we don't want to risk Kompany and decide to play him against Real Madrid, then I'd shocked. The best option for me would be maybe to play Mangala and Otamendi in both next two games, but I guess Manuel wants to have Vinny in it...

After Kolarov's horror show I pretty much hope Clichy can play 2 games in 4 days after his injury, but if not then hopefully Kolarov won't have much to defend against Stoke - at least no Shaqiri is good news for us/him. Also, I wouldn't be surprside if Pellegrini goes with Yaya instead of Fernando, but he really does not deserve a place in the starting eleven after his shit show against Newcastle.

Just stick Silva in for Yaya and change the full backs. Please MP no more tinkering. I don't think its time yet to start Sterling.

Other than the odd exception there is never an easy game in the PL this year. And if it is we are turning it around to a hard energy spilling match 9 out of 10. No matter what starting 11 or the formation. That is how inconsistent we are.

We will know the starting 11 and the formation on paper an hour before k-o. After 10 min. play we will also know what players like to put in an effort on the day. So impossible to predict anything.

This is so true , we can pick our strongest team , but we will know within 5 or 10 minutes if some of the players can be bothered , their attitude in most Premiership games this season has been disgraceful , the squad is complacent and the timing of Pep's arrival could not be better , i can see there will be a minimum of half a dozen players leaving the club , as fresh players and impetus are needed to regain the hunger required to win another title.

Stoke winger Xherdan Shaqiri will miss the game because of a hamstring injury suffered against Tottenham on Monday.

Shay Given is expected to continue in goal against his former club, while defender Erik Pieters completes a two-match suspension.

Hey guys big blackpool fan here and of all the horrific things oyston has done to my beloved blackpool its the efect on the new generation of young kids who just dont want to know
I have 2 kids and today my oldest is 11 and tomorrow im doing the unthinkable and taking him to his first live city game as unfortunately hes devided to be a blue.
This morning watching him open his card and seeing his reactin on seeing his ticket was the most bitter sweet moment of my life.
So tomorrow he ll be there
Cheers oyston

Stoke winger Xherdan Shaqiri will miss the game because of a hamstring injury suffered against Tottenham on Monday.

Shay Given is expected to continue in goal against his former club, while defender Erik Pieters completes a two-match suspension.
Little relief... Shaqiri is a good player .
Og from agent Given 1-0 City would do for me ;)

Irrespective of Tuesday, we are not in a position to take chances tomorrow, have to go strong...completely naive to expect Stoke to come and make life easy for us, they have good players.

Hart, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kompany, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero.

Added pace and creativity, get the tempo up and get the job done. Best prep for Tuesday is winning well tomorrow.

I do not expect Yaya to play 2 games - So would you play him against Stoke or rest him for the Real game

Did Stoke win here last season ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.