City v Stoke Post Match Thread

jpargo said:
Goal as result of comedy of errors. Bad corner take as all game long. Fernandinho took a unnecessary yellow earlier in the game, and when he had to make brave tackle let his man run through. Hart pretty bad goalkeeping.

IMO biggest problem was starting Jovetic / Aguero together. They both are poachers. More than not they kill any link play. If you are going to play 2 strikers, you need to partner one of them with Dzeko or Negredo. Also didn't help that Nasri was non-existent in the first half and Silva did nothing after going behind. The only person forcing the play was Yaya. Navas did good job as well when he came on.

Aguero and Jovetic being poachers is the worst thing I have read on this thread. There are anything but that and both were in the midfield a lot of times to get the balls.

Love Bites and Everything said:
Agree with those have said Fernando would have tracked the runner for their goal.

Vinny far more guilty than Hart for me, amateurish of him to face up like that, should have just dropped off and shepherded him wide.

That said, biggest disappointment for me today was our corners. It was like an action replay, all floaty, stand up balls with not a single yard of pace on them. It was chronic.
It wasn't Vinny it was Fernandinho, but yes, amateurish.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
pikku said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
either everyone lives within minutes of the stadium or no one on here goes anymore, never realized how busy it is on here on a match day
Are clubs like Manchester City not allowed to have fans from outside of UK?.

errrmmmm where did I say that. or suggest that ?? . i was just surprised by how busy it is.
I am sorry...:(

should of kept the same side,let the respective international teams improve match fitness for the players on the bench ,go all out to win opening games and not make the mistake we did last season losing cheap points early doors .Lack of effort was a disgrace .If pellegrini wants to rotate the squad then milner should of played more mins than he has,he will walk on a free.stoke totally deserved this and it's annoying to give our rivals cheap points .ultimately though its over 38 games and with the impending games we will get a true reflection where we are in the next month .

Oh fuck it. These things will happen against parked bus sides. Same fucking story every year. I swear I am less nervous playing the dippers or someone wanting to be up for it than against Sunderland or this six-fingered lot of mutants. That's football. It happens. And that is why sides of third-rate thugs like Stoke park the bus against clubs like ours. Sometimes it works.

Those fucking NBC commentators can just fuck right off, by the way. That sweaty in the number 2 chair just deserves to have his teeth knocked out. He was shocking. And then twat #1 immediately rubbishing the Yaya (semi-soft) penno as "the right result." Then catches himself "the right result for Stoke."

I can't wait until there is universal adoption of the no-commentator/field mic model. Listening to these biased twats + loss winds me up far more than the loss alone would.

Sunny Coast Blue said:
Yeah Vinny looked very average at times. Hart wtf, his attempts to release the ball are really slow, his kicking is crap and doesn't appear as he has a Scooby as to what is important in his role. Kolarov was gash most of the game but his cowardly run back was shameful.

What annoys me is the hesitancy with his kicks, he goes to kick a goal kick then stops and backs up. Something is also wrong with his technique, he looks as if its a real effort to get any kind of distance and the flight of the ball tends to be too high.I'm astonished our goalkeeping coaches haven't been working on this area of his game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.