City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Missed Zabba big style today. Had No width at all, which is Integral to the way we play.

Not suggesting we should play like palace or stoke, but I do feel we could mix it up a bit more, when our usual system isn't working, played right into stoke's hands today by continuously trying one pass too many in a congested midfield, rather than being a bit more direct a bit earlier

Thought Kolarov had his worst game in a while too. Not half as clinical as usual going forward and his defending was poor also. I'd put my house on Clichy and Zaba starting against the tarquins.

Note to city players, if Crouchy is winning everything in the air when we have a corner might be an idea to try something different. Thought he was outstanding today an example of a player giving everything for his team mates.

It's that negative game plan which occasionally has you thinking football is fucked, but thankfully it is just very occasionally. Chelsea did it to Liverpool not too long ago, to your delight. You've got nothing to worry about this early in the season - should keep complacency at bay in other banana skin fixtures.

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Missed Zabba big style today. Had No width at all, which is Integral to the way we play.

Not suggesting we should play like palace or stoke, but I do feel we should mix it up a bit when our usual system isn't working, played right into stoke's hands today, by continuously trying one pass too many, in a congested midfield, rather than being a bit more direct a bit earlier
You really have to have a bloody good reason to leave him out - thought MP had learned after Wigan but to me he´s taken this game too lightly giving Sagna a "run out"

Best poss team should always start in the PL - great teams always bounce back so we´ll see how things pan out September

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:

Not suggesting we should play like palace or stoke, but I do feel we should mix it up a bit when our usual system isn't working, played right into stoke's hands today, by continuously trying one pass too many, in a congested midfield, rather than being a bit more direct a bit earlier

Agreed, today showed how important Zabba is to our style of play. Time and time again we looked slow and hesitant to get down the right side. We only started to do that once Navas came on. Pellers needs to work with Sagna to make those overlapping or inside runs. Its a major part of our game and we struggle if we have to go through the middle. Anyone else a little worried we don't seem to have another system other than 442 ?

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
Oh fuck it. These things will happen against parked bus sides. Same fucking story every year. I swear I am less nervous playing the dippers or someone wanting to be up for it than against Sunderland or this six-fingered lot of mutants. That's football. It happens. And that is why sides of third-rate thugs like Stoke park the bus against clubs like ours. Sometimes it works.

Those fucking NBC commentators can just fuck right off, by the way. That sweaty in the number 2 chair just deserves to have his teeth knocked out. He was shocking. And then twat #1 immediately rubbishing the Yaya (semi-soft) penno as "the right result." Then catches himself "the right result for Stoke."

I can't wait until there is universal adoption of the no-commentator/field mic model. Listening to these biased twats + loss winds me up far more than the loss alone would.

After Yaya's penalty appeal, the #2 said "Very theatrical from Toure there". Then immediately afterwards Charlie Adam dives for a free kick and the #2 says "Very clever play from Adam"... What a useless prick.

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
Oh fuck it. These things will happen against parked bus sides. Same fucking story every year. I swear I am less nervous playing the dippers or someone wanting to be up for it than against Sunderland or this six-fingered lot of mutants. That's football. It happens. And that is why sides of third-rate thugs like Stoke park the bus against clubs like ours. Sometimes it works.

Those fucking NBC commentators can just fuck right off, by the way. That sweaty in the number 2 chair just deserves to have his teeth knocked out. He was shocking. And then twat #1 immediately rubbishing the Yaya (semi-soft) penno as "the right result." Then catches himself "the right result for Stoke."

I can't wait until there is universal adoption of the no-commentator/field mic model. Listening to these biased twats + loss winds me up far more than the loss alone would.

Agreed on the NBC commentator. That stupid fuckwit from Scotland was so obviously hoping Stoke would win it was unbelievable. Somehow Kolarov barely brushing someone who dove at the edge of the area is a penalty but it wasn't when Toure tripped over a leg that was stuck out three feet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.