City v Stoke Post Match Thread

nixmith2 said:
All I can say is this: C'mon Everton!

Actually, feeling guilty tonight - I fear I jinxed us cos after Liverpool I put a couple of quid on us doing an Arsenal, going a whole prem season unbeaten.

So blame me!

I think its called bad karma: mid-week I was laughing at Utd on the back of losing to Milton Jones and then I heard Costa was out for 6 weeks.

Curses

bluebobom said:
A game like that, with a team parking the bus:

6 times out of ten we'll eventually break them down, get a goal, and sometimes three or four once they have to start opening up.
3 times out of ten we'll draw,
and once every so often they'll defend really well and hit us on the break like today.

Obviously I'm gutted we lost, but more often than not we get 3 points in these sorts of matches. This afternoon was the exception. Move on.

An excellent summing up

Every Time Kolarov gets forward he bangs in a good cross, but we never have anyone in the box to get on the end of them. If Kolarov starts then surely Dzeko should start too because at least he poses an aerial threat.

Anyway, well played Stoke.

I agree with this seasons Cardiff result. One of those games. We weren't outplayed, we just played poorly. If we had scored first the floodgates would have opened, if they score first you snatch at chances, try things that aren't really on and go away from the game plan. It's a big downer but far from panic stations, I can't fathom for the life of my some of the knee jerkers on here haven't managed to forge themselves a career in football.

Disappointed, yes, but it's game 3 of 38. Teams like Stoke will come with that exact gameplan week in, week out. I'd rather us learn from that in the 3rd game than the 33rd. Personally, wouldn't have changed a winning defence just for the sake of it. Pretty sure we can cope with 2 games in a week. We'll come back better and stronger than today. Onwards and upwards, blues.

bluebobom said:

6 times out of ten we'll eventually break them down, get a goal, and sometimes three or four once they have to start opening up.
and once every so often they'll defend really well and hit us on the break like today.

Obviously I'm gutted we lost, but more often than not we get 3 points in these sorts of matches. This afternoon was the exception. Move on.

We will face this most of the games we play at home. I think this was just one of those games we usually win just about or thereabouts with a penalty or a decent goal like Palace at home last year. More often than not though it is a lacklustre performance but we get the 3 points but today we just didn't really look like scoring and spending 45 minutes without much of a chance is pretty poor going. Today we lacked real quality and persistence whilst Stoke were just happy to sit there looking for a point and then they got their break.

Sometimes it falls to you like that and we have to deal with it and move on. It's more of a shame because we could of done with a win to build us up going into a run of 3 very difficult games. We have to bounce back and luckily we can do it shortly against the people that are most likely to push us for the title.

Teams that park the bus we just don't up the pace enough we stick with the Possession football and probe for an opening...

GaudinoMotors said:
bluebobom said:

An excellent summing up
The thing is, they didn't particularly park the bus. When we had possession in our half their back four pushed right up and they pressed us high. They dropped deeper, naturally, as we sslloowwllyy passed it up the pitch into the final third. But I wouldn't describe their play as parking the bus today.

They did sit back when they got their lead but that was well into the second half. By the time they scored we'd only created two chances in the whole game.

Never been so heartbroken whilst leaving wembley when we lost the fa cup final, used my return ticket from the semi instead of sitting with buddies on a bus back, ended up with man city lads on the train, top people. today for us isn't anything about revenge , beating one of the best teams in Europe, and 3pts and confidence, sure you'll crack on an win it again. just proud of us today, my mates say we had tuppance possession but have a look you dutch ****, defence is essential, good luck to you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.