City v Sunderland Post Match Discussion Thread

Funny to see people starting to stir shit up by saying Dzeko should have been brought on instead of Silva, or Tevez did more than Balo and Dzeko together...

It was due to slack defending other than that it was city's match all over the pitch...Balo even though he did fall to ground easily and had that "i'm bigger than anyone" moment got his shit together and put some effort in...Dzeko was lively today unlike any other recent matches he played...and it tells a lot about the midfied when a striker puts one of the best through balls forward i.e. Dzeko for Tevez....Silva should have been left on the bench and Pizza man should have started...he showed the exact thing city need when teams are compact...direct passing, was constantly looking for the ball and upping the tempo...and Kolarov ran his bollocks off today, some of his crosses were a bit overshot and to high for any of the strikers, but he put a shift in...

CityCTID said:
bluejean1 said:
My God, I never thought we could possibly even get a draw out of this game ... but is it too little too late? What has gone wrong, City were amazing at the start of the season and the players being tired is a joke, all clubs play the same amount of games. Mybe United will lose a couple of games, lord knows I hope so, but I just cannot see it.
welcome back Carlos!

Sometimes I am embarrassed to support the same team as someone who can come up with a comment like this.
Tevez was not to blame for what is happening to our team; he is not our manager.

Try to imagine what today's result might have been if we had their manager and they had ours. They had inspiration and tactics, neither of which were shown by our lads. This comes from management.

Mancini's had more than enough time. He must go!

I think the whole team just did not link up well, a collective failing really.

I'm not sure why this has happened, has the rotation simply not helped the players learn the patterns and tactics of by heart ?.

We are still not the finished article, i think this summer we need to just keep working on diff players in diff tactics more.
Hopefully the quality of play remains high with seemless subs and such.

Blue_Moon said:
Silvex said:
Blue_Moon said:
ever heard of playing to feet???

Yes I have, and that's what's pizarro is for, plays the perfect pass to the feet of wingers/strikers. Silva used to do it but...

so why does it matter that silva, aguero and tevez are too short? they are 3 of the most technically gifted players in the league

For Crossing.

Feel sorry for Mancini. We know from the training threads he spends time on breaking forward with speed. Its clear that the players arnt listening to him. In fact its his tactical changes when things are going wrong that is getting us through this awful patch.

citymad said:
BillyShears said:
Chippy_boy said:
And just what has happened to Spanish Dave??? Yes, he's closely marked, but he has been since the start of the season. He just can't seem to find a decent pass any more. I have no idea what's gone wrong with him.

We're not moving the ball quick enough. He's having to come too deep to collect it. The forwards aren't making the kind of intelligents runs he needs. Full backs aren't getting forward fast enough. There's a litany of reasons why Silva isn't clicking.
nail on head
Do you know why the tempo is slow?

Pizarro plays = tempo instantly increases ten fold.

The other games Pizarro featured in, we played at a much faster tempo. Coincidence?

No. Forget Yaya and Silva in form, no one in our team can pass THAT well. I'm talking about with vision by the way and speed of passing.

Pizarro increases the tempo because he will get the ball to AJ, in 1 pass while he has space. He actually made AJ look like he has a purpose.

We made so many passes to get the ball to AJ, but by the time he recieves the ball, he is covered and well marked.

citymad said:
Feel sorry for Mancini. We know from the training threads he spends time on breaking forward with speed. Its clear that the players arnt listening to him. In fact its his tactical changes when things are going wrong that is getting us through this awful patch.

It looks like the players dont want to play for him

We played shite,still unbeaten at home in the league,we was gone at 3-1 yet we battled back and could have won it,we're still going to win the prem believe me,plenty more twists and turns before the seasons out,the up and down of the emotions as we creep into april and we're still up there fighting for it....
Bring on the gooners...

Jumanji said:
Do you know why the tempo is slow?

Pizarro plays = tempo instantly increases ten fold.

The other games Pizarro featured in, we played at a much faster tempo. Coincidence?

No. Forget Yaya and Silva in form, no one in our team can pass THAT well. I'm talking about with vision by the way and speed of passing.

Pizarro increases the tempo because he will get the ball to AJ, in 1 pass while he has space. He actually made AJ look like he has a purpose.

We made so many passes to get the ball to AJ, but by the time he recieves the ball, he is covered and well marked.

Hahaha. No offence mate but we managed to play with tempo in the first half of the season home and away. Before Pizarro joined.

Silvex said:
Blue_Moon said:
Silvex said:
Yes I have, and that's what's pizarro is for, plays the perfect pass to the feet of wingers/strikers. Silva used to do it but...

so why does it matter that silva, aguero and tevez are too short? they are 3 of the most technically gifted players in the league

For Crossing.

Because you CANT ALWAYS PLAY TO FEET (i.e. when teams jam the middle).

One of the reasons we are falling - teams pack the middle, we fail to execute any resemblance of wing play (though we have no personnel for it either).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.