City v Sunderland Post Match Discussion Thread

BillyShears said:
Jumanji said:
Do you know why the tempo is slow?

Pizarro plays = tempo instantly increases ten fold.

The other games Pizarro featured in, we played at a much faster tempo. Coincidence?

No. Forget Yaya and Silva in form, no one in our team can pass THAT well. I'm talking about with vision by the way and speed of passing.

Pizarro increases the tempo because he will get the ball to AJ, in 1 pass while he has space. He actually made AJ look like he has a purpose.

We made so many passes to get the ball to AJ, but by the time he recieves the ball, he is covered and well marked.
Hahaha. No offence mate but we managed to play with tempo in the first half of the season home and away. Before Pizarro joined.
This was before teams found us out. They know that if you don't give Silva space and make tactical fouls on him, we don't create.

Look at whenever Yaya gets the ball, they give him some space and quickly attempt to cover the best passing outlets.

We were going through a purple patch.

Silvex said:
Damanino said:
Can Mancini bring the best out of this City squad?

I am closing on the opinion that he can't.

Early CL exit, no FA-cup, no League-cup, no EL and possibly no PL title.

Found disrespectful when Redknapp earlier said anyone could win the title with Citys squad but I am thinking on how many other PL managers could reach second place in this league this year with City's squad and reach zero cup success. When are rivals Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea have a very bad season, Chelsea is old, players dictate to managers, Pool/Kenny/Carroll/Suarez/Downing horrible season for them apart from Carling Cup and Arsenal only still in the top4 because of a huge season from RVP. Their weak season helped us to look better than we really are.

Mancini had the chance to show a big improvement this year and beat only 1 close rival, the city rival who had also a lot of problems. Had to bring back Scholes, had a goalkeepr who let in a lot of stupid goals in first half of the year, Vidic/Fletcher out for season lot more injury than at us, going out against Basel in CL, they are weak this season. Their experience is huge they know how to win it but do't know when will all the things fall such a lucky way against for us as our rivals are shit.

And then when we could win it we play withoutwinning mentality, desire.

Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland, we should have won these 3 matches and we got 2 points out of it. All of matches we didnt push for about 45 minutes really hard to win only when we conceded a goal.
(Today we did it even later, 3-1 down and we had 15 minutes of nothing than two fast goals just too late.)

This is not a league winning mentality.

Exactly, new manager please. Mancini fuck off to Italy and take your "son" Balo with you.

Who the fuck are you? Too many fucking rags on here today, I'm off.

EaglesFan said:
Why people also always tend to point to ATTACKERS.

We scored THREE goals at home - should be more than enough against Sunderland.

CONCEEDING THREE IS UNACCEPTABLE.

That's why we lost - DEFENSE.

Simples.

Fffuuu, Mancini, who we all know likes clean sheets, will revert back to his defensive ways after that. I saw it in his face.

BillyShears said:
Chippy_boy said:
And just what has happened to Spanish Dave??? Yes, he's closely marked, but he has been since the start of the season. He just can't seem to find a decent pass any more. I have no idea what's gone wrong with him.

We're not moving the ball quick enough. He's having to come too deep to collect it. The forwards aren't making the kind of intelligents runs he needs. Full backs aren't getting forward fast enough. There's a litany of reasons why Silva isn't clicking.

He's carrying an injury and he is being marked out of games but you are right BS , we have stopped moving forward quickly enough.

Rather than carrying the majority of the possesion especially away we would be better to play on the break.

In saying that today we conceded three of the softest goals we have all season.

The lack of man marking was woeful and we left them so much space in our final third on numerous occasions.

A side with clinical finishers would have trumped up a cricket score against us today.

The worst defensive effort of the season by a mile especially given the opposition and it reminded me of our defensive displays under Leslie.

For me YaYa is playing far too deep he should be playing up in the pocket behind our front player, in fact when I saw the team selection I thought he was going to leaving De Jong and Milner to protect the back four. Mario does not put a shift in he's deadly from the penalty spot but it's not enough, I know he scored another but over the season he'd be my 4th choice striker. If and it's abig if Blackburn can get something on Monday night then we may have a chance, but of they go 5 points clear, they will end up winning the league by 7 points at least.

Silvex said:
EaglesFan said:
Why people also always tend to point to ATTACKERS.

We scored THREE goals at home - should be more than enough against Sunderland.

CONCEEDING THREE IS UNACCEPTABLE.

That's why we lost - DEFENSE.

Simples.

Fffuuu, Mancini, who we all know likes clean sheets, will revert back to his defensive ways after that. I saw it in his face.

don't make it so obvious you god damn rag

Comrade Buka said:
samharris said:
BillyShears said:
We were rubbish, as we have been for the most part for the last two months. Those saying we're still in it - please tell me how you expect a team devoid of ideas, drive, and desire, until it's too late, to suddenly turn this around and pick up maximum points from our remaining games ?

Absolutely devastated with what I've just seen. A penny for the thoughts of the decision makers in Abu Dhabi.

I would hope that the players get the spark back that was there at during the first 3 months of the season.. Its there somewhere,I just hope they find it for the tough games coming up..

If they dont we wont challenge..

Did you copy and paste an old post of yours? From say, February?

No !! anything else??

BoyBlue_1985 said:
citymad said:
Feel sorry for Mancini. We know from the training threads he spends time on breaking forward with speed. Its clear that the players arnt listening to him. In fact its his tactical changes when things are going wrong that is getting us through this awful patch.

It looks like the players dont want to play for him

I disagree. I just think they arn't talented enough to carry out his plan. I mean some of the ball control today particularly from our Mr. Wonderful was sunday park stuff.

MCC said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
citymad said:
Feel sorry for Mancini. We know from the training threads he spends time on breaking forward with speed. Its clear that the players arnt listening to him. In fact its his tactical changes when things are going wrong that is getting us through this awful patch.

It looks like the players dont want to play for him

If that was the case they wouldn`t keep on coming from behind when we have been losing recently.

Exactly mate....some utter shite on here tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.