City v Sunderland Pre Match Thread (CoC Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Think we will can put on a show and remind the entire country how good we are within the opening 45 minutes.

The week's rest and the return of Sergio leaves me without any doubts.

We've not bossed anyone at Wembley yet, the combination of a weeks break, Sunderlands hammering by Arsenal and their nerves and our passion to right the wrong of the FA Cup should all mean we win comfortably (hopefully)!!!

supercity88 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Think we will can put on a show and remind the entire country how good we are within the opening 45 minutes.

We've not bossed anyone at Wembley yet, the combination of a weeks break, Sunderlands hammering by Arsenal and their nerves and our passion to right the wrong of the FA Cup should all mean we win comfortably (hopefully)!!!
Bossed the FA cup semi last year for 75 mins.

aguero93:20 said:
supercity88 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

And United, after the opening 20 minutes.

They say play the game, not the occasion.

I have to ask the question, would there be any doubts if Sunderland were playing Barca or Bayern this weekend at Wembley?

That's the current levels City are at and while the same could be said for Wigan, last year, it's clear there will be no excuses for us this time.

I have genuine affection for Sunderland fans and hope they stay up.

There's a fine line between arrogance and belief but I won't be surprised to see us get three or four, once the game settles down.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
supercity88 said:

I have to ask the question, would there be any doubts if Sunderland were playing Barca or Bayern this weekend at Wembley?

That's the current levels City are at and while the same could be said for Wigan, last year, it's clear there will be no excuses for us this time.

There's a fine line between arrogance and belief but I won't be surprised to see us get three or four, once the game settles down.

It would be nice to be able to relax and enjoy the event rather than be on the verge of shitting it until 90 minutes every time we go to Wembley

tolmie's hairdoo said:
supercity88 said:

Was thinking the united semi as well but tbh I was nowhere near sober enough to take any judgements from that game apart from Yaya being a legend and Scholes getting what he deserved.

Sunderland have played very well recently and they seem to have their troubles sorted but I can only see us winning on Sunday. They are a bit of a bogey team for us but when it comes to this occasion we have to win this comfortably. They cannot come into this one looking to stick everyone behind the ball and play for a point because in this game there aren't any points to play for. With us having a well earnt weeks rest and having Aguero certain to return I just cannot see Sunderland keeping us out. They have some dangers in AJ but we should be more than able to deal with that, we kept Messi and co out for 89 minutes if you forget their penalty so with a trophy on offer and a full strength team with ample rest and preparation, we'd have to be mad to throw this one away.

We have to be cautious in our defending but I really think Sunderland will be far too busy dealing with us to think about scoring themselves apart from the odd break. Pellegrini will no doubt go all out playing Nasri Silva Aguero etc for this one, we also have another weeks rest after this for Wigan so it's not like we need to worry about the team we play.

Do we have our usual press conference today at around 1pm?

I think thats when this thread will eventually over boil with excitement when he confirms that Sergio is fully fit.

chris85mcfc said:
Do we have our usual press conference today at around 1pm?

I think thats when this thread will eventually over boil with excitement when he confirms that Sergio is fully fit.
12:30 it's starting at according to BBC.

Right Vinny, Pablo, Sergio, Samir, David etc. Do you remember how you felt at Wembley last May? If you don't want to feel like that again please produce your A game and blow these fucker away and propel City on to great things this season..................or you can choose not to turn up and start an Arsenal decline ending up with no pots out of four. BOOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.