City v United |Carling Cup | 19th Jan |Match Day thread

Brendan110_0 said:
My team, and formation 4-5-1 would be;

-----------------Given -----------------

Zabaleta --- Richards --- Kompany --- Garrido

---------Ireland ---- De Jong --- Barry ------------
SWP ------------------------------------ Bellamy

------------------ Tevez --------------------

Get SWP and Bellamy to support Tevez, and Ireland if on the break. SWP and Bellamy both tackle when we don't have the ball.

If going well put Robinho on for Tevez last 20 mins.

Thats a 4-3-2-1, also known as a xmas tree....

it will just be like OT in the second half with no big target men. Given's distribution is terrible he never finds a City player and the ball will keep coming back. Against Blackburn I counted 20 times he kicked straight to a Blackburn player in a game we won easily. Robinson on the other hand nearly always kicked to wing where a Blackburn player won the header. Same at Everton we loose the ball from Given and no-one is correcting his poor kicking. Everything elese about him the best in Premiership but his distribution is driving me mad. Why cant coaches see this?

Can anyone confirm, that away goals will count after extra time
in the second leg, and not 90 minutes like in Europe ???

grinner said:
Can anyone confirm, that away goals will count after extra time
in the second leg, and not 90 minutes like in Europe ???

Correct. If its 0-0 at COMS and 1-1 at Old Trafford it will go to extra time. If no goals are scored there, we will then go through.

jhg1989 said:
0161 said:
Anyone else heard about this green and gold thing the rags are planning?

What is it?

Anti Glazer protests, they're all decking out in their old school green and gold from now on, or something...

Doubt they'll do it tonight as they'll get picked off

I have to agree with Brenda,as good a goal keeper as Shay Given is.His distribution leaves a lot to desired at times,against Blackburn I lost count of the number of times the ball went straight to a opposing player.I'm worried that we will not be able that sort of luxury tonight.United are by far a better side than Blackburn and it could cause us big problems.

Surely if the fans can see a problem with Shays kicking then I can not understand why the goalkeeping coach can not see it.But I am still optimistic of a narrow City win.And I am totally sure that there manager(rather not mention his name) will pick his strongest possible side available to him,he wants and needs a win more than we do.

Northern3 said:
I have to agree with Brenda,as good a goal keeper as Shay Given is.His distribution leaves a lot to desired at times,against Blackburn I lost count of the number of times the ball went straight to a opposing player.I'm worried that we will not be able that sort of luxury tonight.United are by far a better side than Blackburn and it could cause us big problems.

Surely if the fans can see a problem with Shays kicking then I can not understand why the goalkeeping coach can not see it.But I am still optimistic of a narrow City win.And I am totally sure that there manager(rather not mention his name) will pick his strongest possible side available to him,he wants and needs a win more than we do.

I think the point is that he needs someone to distribute it to by hand, and no one is getting in open positions for him. I thought that is the way Mancini would want to play as we never have any front men who can win a header anyway .... the backs and midfielders should take some responsibility if Given has to boot the ball up the field.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.