City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread (merged)

It may have been mentioned but why is it a 4 game ban for Kompany? I thought straight reds for dangerous play led to a 3 match ban?

Rammy Blue said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Rammy Blue said:
More like a cross between Duncan Norvelle and Eddie Edwards.

He isn't even that good.

I knew he was vastly over rated but today he was shockingly poor. In some respect I'm a bit peeved we didn't steam roll them, 10 men or not, considering how shit this big camp lump of lard is.

Otherwise, we did ourselves proud, bullshit red card, at HT I feared the worst but we came out fighting and that's all you can ask really.

It'll be interesting to see who they bring out of retirement for the next derby though, my moneys on Clayton Blackmore.

I'll go for Paul McGrath.

Nah, they get McGrath back and they get a new/old chant to sing.

They bring back Blackmore and we get a new/old song to sing. I was way too young to join in last time round so I've been waiting for this one!

kenzie115 said:
It may have been mentioned but why is it a 4 game ban for Kompany? I thought straight reds for dangerous play led to a 3 match ban?

he's already had one red so the gets an extra match on top of any ban :(

kenzie115 said:

its his second red this season (i think) sure someone else will confirm

dctid said:
kenzie115 said:

its his second red this season (i think) sure someone else will confirm
Yep; Wolves at home, when he brought down Doyle who was going to knock in the rebound from Hart's parry. Definite red card (along with Clichy at Chelsea, the two warranted reds we've got this season).

I'm not sure whether the bit quoted earlier from someone at Manchester FA about what's yellow and what's red has any official validity but the bit from the laws says

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

That's vague enough to let the FA do what they want.

At least weekend 28th/29th is now free so we have a week between the red dippers and the blue dippers. We just need to get through the next 4 games as best we can without Kompany. We simply have to show people that we can win without him. Get to Wembley again and take at least 4 points in the next 2 prem games and its job done. A nice week off and plenty of rest before the Everton game when they will be playing the weekend before.

De Jong played well 2nd half today and we are going to need him in all of these games. Its maybe time for a bit of Mancini Italian defensive play and grind out a few wins. 2nd half showed howgood we can be at doing this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.