City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread (merged)

The most amusing thing about today is that the rags are going into meltdown because City fans have not gone into meltdown. Lol.

Today their whole back four struggled to cope with just our small lone striker, who is one of the smallest players on the pitch yet still held the ball up. Aguero was causing them all sorts of problems.

Roll on the next derby when we have Hart, Balotelli, Y.Toure and Clichy all on.... they won't know what's fucking hit them.

Proud of city today. Spoke to mates who support other clubs like pool and coventry and they now think football is corrupt.

Even a rag whos alright to be fair said we got fucked.

We lost, but we lost in the right way. We didn't concede in the last minute and god did we give everything.

Was very worried when I saw the team selection, i.e. Kolarov, no Hart and no senior attacking players on the bench.

United should be consider themselves lucky. Didn't really take any notice of Kompanys tackle at first. Then a red card... wtf? I genuinely think in some games that wouldn't have been given as a foul. Nani didn't go to ground, he didn't complain and he didn't look in any sort of pain. What was the ref thinking? Had we had Kompany, still on the field, we could have popped on Zabaleta, still played 5 in defence and kept on Silva.

The game really made me think what if a lot:

The red card, as aforementioned.
De Jong had decided to put his leg/ face/ chest in front of Welbecks shot.
Kolarov noticing Richards was stood behind him ready to collect the ball.
Keeping on Silva instead of Nasri.
Us having a penalty for Jones' handball

Genuinely thought it had potential to be even worse than 6-1, since we were only 1-0 up at half time in that game.

Considering we were missing Barry, K. Toure, Dzeko, Y. Toure and Balotelli- all of whom would have at least been on the bench, and United were only missing Vidic, they should be shit- scared of what will happen when we meet again in May.

Proud of the team (except Nasri) and I would like to thank everyone at the game who showed how great our fanbase is.

FORZA CITY

Re: Positive from today!

IMO the team will have learnt a lot from today, Plan B nearly got us a draw, we have some tough games, particularly Spurs, the cavalier approach of the early part of the season won't work with the available personell

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
The most amusing thing about today is that the rags are going into meltdown because City fans have not gone into meltdown. Lol.

Today their whole back four struggled to cope with just our small lone striker, who is one of the smallest players on the pitch yet still held the ball up. Aguero was causing them all sorts of problems.

Roll on the next derby when we have Hart, Balotelli, Y.Toure and Clichy all on.... they won't know what's fucking hit them.

Can't wait for next derby. Full strength and we will smash them at home too!

Vic said:
I'm not sure whether the bit quoted earlier from someone at Manchester FA about what's yellow and what's red has any official validity but the bit from the laws says

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

That's vague enough to let the FA do what they want.

then why diddnt lampard get a ban from his horrendous tackle at wolves?

Re: Positive from today!

cookster said:
Milner is going to be awesome in the centre with Barry by his side. Honestly don't think we'll miss Yaya with Jimmy as our box to box player.
Milner is more like a Gerrard than a Yaya Toure, but I think if he's played centrally he'll be outstanding for us in the future, and not just the next few games.

According to the reporter in the BBC news, ManU won the match in "quite exhilarating style" !!!

LOL, did he actually watch the game?

As I sat chewing on my double-decker half at half time I felt sick in my stomach...please God do not let these fuckers score anymore....i looked up at the Sky all grey and dank and I could swear I saw a bit of Blue shine through...a calmness settled over me and I actually began to smile...weird...no fear....I loved every second of that second half...fucking amazing....as far as I am concerned we did as much for the FA Cup today as we did beating Stoke...onwards and upwards Blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.