City v Villa - Police release CCTV images of 24 fans

The people running on the pitch after the second goal, people throwing flares on the pitch delaying the game, even if only for a minute or so, people celebrating by destroying goalposts, people wanting to taunt opposition players, I feel I have nothing in common with those actions, I am a FOC.
No you aren't. Bar the goal posts, the rest was wrong and stupid, the goal posts were an accident. So you are not a foc.
The point is; when your house is burgled and you don't get a visit, when you are attacked in the street and there isn't a copper within 5 miles or when you are simply given, via the internet, a crime number for 'insurance purposes' you have a right to wonder why scores of coppers have spent May, June and 12 days of July looking at cctv of a private event.

I’m not condoning bad behaviour at football matches but I see the BBC are happy to do so again. No comparison between this and what the dippers get up to. I wonder if the public service broadcaster will come out in defence?

No you aren't. Bar the goal posts, the rest was wrong and stupid, the goal posts were an accident. So you are not a foc.
The point is; when your house is burgled and you don't get a visit, when you are attacked in the street and there isn't a copper within 5 miles or when you are simply given, via the internet, a crime number for 'insurance purposes' you have a right to wonder why scores of coppers have spent May, June and 12 days of July looking at cctv of a private event.

I do see your point, I really do. The issue of how a police force uses limited resources is a genuine one.
I personally can see a return to deteriorating fan behaviour, perhaps in some way related to lockdown, fuelled by substances and a desire to document by mobile phone and become celebrity.
I would hate to see institutions like the police and government be able to justify a return to fences and pens, we are probably one fan attack on a player away from drastic actions.
The last time I went on a pitch ( as a fan) was at St James Park when we won the League in 68. I didn't want to wreck the goal posts . I wanted to see and acclaim the heroes in Blue.
Modern entitlement seems to want to test the limits .

I thought they invaded the ground not so long ago. But it wasn't anything to do with a triumph, more of a protest. I think they were anything but triumphant.
Where are the pics for all those who illegally entered a (supposed) locked premises.... and the ongoing investigation with an "operation xxxx" name?

I despair, I sometimes wish this was Rawk and we were scousers. When inevitably shit happens, they close ranks and defend everyone.
Us, we slag our fans of for celebrating, for not buying a charity shield ticket, for youngsters being allowed to buy West Ham tickets. We don't sing, we leave early, we don't wash our hands after a piss (fair enough) our fans are too old, the family section is shite. FFS is there anything that the fans do that is OK?
It was a celebration, we were 2 down and looking like we'd fucked it up. Within 5 minutes we'd turned it round and shortly after won the hardest competition in world football.
Anyone knocking the fans rather than City and the dibble need to have a long hard think about what is important in life.
We're not victims. I never want us to be like that. Nothing is their fault due to that .

Where are the pics for all those who illegally entered a (supposed) locked premises.... and the ongoing investigation with an "operation xxxx" name?
Yeah, GMP picking and choosing! I would have thought that the CCtv cameras at The Swamp would have more easily picked out faces in a crowd of a couple of hundred rather than several thousand. Perhaps the cameras at The Swamp were turned off to save a few bob on the leccy!

Not forgetting the >£200,000 lump sum (if they make the rank of Chief Inspector).

Those on the old Police pension scheme are laughing all the way to the bank on retirement.

A mate of mine is now 61, left police at 50, been getting £3k a month pension ever since.

Has continued to work as a teaching assistant and is comfortably well off as a result.

I do see your point, I really do. The issue of how a police force uses limited resources is a genuine one.
I personally can see a return to deteriorating fan behaviour, perhaps in some way related to lockdown, fuelled by substances and a desire to document by mobile phone and become celebrity.
I would hate to see institutions like the police and government be able to justify a return to fences and pens, we are probably one fan attack on a player away from drastic actions.
The last time I went on a pitch ( as a fan) was at St James Park when we won the League in 68. I didn't want to wreck the goal posts . I wanted to see and acclaim the heroes in Blue.
Modern entitlement seems to want to test the limits .
It is my belief that the police are allowed to take the easiest option. Sitting in an office for 2 months viewing cctv is a lot less stressful than meeting the public.
Like you I do not want to see a return of fences but they were there to stop violent attacks. I was at Luton when we relegated them. Their entire end came on the pitch to attack us. We did the sensible thing and fucked off rapid.
The pitch invasion for Villa was entirely different and a waste of scant resources. Deal with the important stuff not this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.