City v West Ham CoC Semi-Final 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Listened to a fair bit of the match on Talk Sport(out driving for work) and have to say they were loving us today. Color man who's name I didn't catch saying we are one of the very best sides in Europe at the moment capable of winning the Champions League. Nice to hear.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Having seen Pulis attempt to strangle the PL fixture I cannot understand what tactics Sam A was employing. His overall approach, with Silva and Nasri on such good form, had a 'I want to get sacked in the morning' about them. Mystifiying.
he looked like an inflated baby in a pram inside that hood - get ahead get a hat Sam

I am unable to add anu more superlatives. However, just a little moan....

West Ham should have been forced to change shorts. Not because they $hit themselves but due to the colour clash with our shirts.

I am in love with our team. When we next get Fernandinho, Yaya, Nasri, Silva, Aguero and Negredo on the pitch at the same time, someone is going to concede 10. Probably Barca ;)

The Hammers were absolutely brilliant tonight. Took the piss, took it well when we gave it back (apart from two lads who completely lost it...funny!), and were singing none stop for 90minutes. I wouldn't say I feel sorry for them because we've been there and in reality it isn't all that bad, I still went every week and enjoyed going most if the time, but I know how they're feeling with the "where will we be next season?" fears and not liking the manager.

I hope they stay up and get a decent manager. I thought they deserved to be the first thing I mentioned. Great fans!

Tonight we were fantastic on the pitch. Everyone, bar Kompany (who was strangely below par), were just brilliant. For the first time this season we really closed down any attack the opposition tried to start. I know they were poor but that's the best we've been in terms of balance between attacking and defending properly.

That is the type of football I want to see every week. It's not so much that I'm only happy if we score five or more because with that style of play I'm happy if we win 2-0. It's the disciplined and determined work when we didn't have he ball that was so impressive and it's been missing a lot this season, even in huge victories. Clichy, García of all people and Zaba didn't allow West Ham to do anything. At times there has been only Fernandinho displaying this sort of defensive play and usually, even against lower teams, we allow anything from four to eight really good opportunities for the opposition to get a good effort on our goal and I know they were poor but I was really impressed with how we just didn't let them do a thing all night. It started up top too; Edin, who frustrates the hell out of me usually, was even working his socks off...and "La Fiera" was just out of this world tonight, what a fucking player he is!

I'd like to see this in the league now. Take this determined and disciplined work rate when the opposition have the ball forward from now on. It demoralises teams. Great to watch.

For the first time Edin and Negredo worked together well. Before tonight they looked really average as a pairing but they weren't taking up each other's space, they were looking for each other to pass to, they were making runs for each other... I'm MUCH happier about the prospect of them playing together in the future. There were no signs of this in any game before tonight so maybe they can be even better in the future, building on tonight's efforts.

Would like to have seen Lopes get longer than 17minutes but that's my only gripe about tonight.

38000 there too which is about 8000 more than I thought would be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.