City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

CTID101 said:
I thought that was a bit of a joke from Pellegrini as well.

First man to manage a game of this importance in something so casual that I am aware of!

Players played the same way as well for 60mins.

What??

Numerous times under Mancini we couldn't raise ourselves against lesser opposition, it nearly cost us the league in the title winning season and most certainly cost us last season.

Mentality issue amongst the players if you ask me, too many galacticos who want to rely on each other rather than take the task upon themselves.

BLUEMATT23 said:
Forget it now.
Move on to beating Barcelona on Wednesday and winning the league back.

The quadruple/treble was always going to be difficult. A league/cup double would do me for me.
I agree, need to look forward. Poor today but could be magnificent on Wednesday.

blueinsa said:
Shameful some of the comments from the usual muppets on here.

We lost a game of football, shit happens and yes it was fucking poor for the majority of the game but fuck me, some of the language being used by some is ridiculous.

Credit to Wigan and Uwe but for me, they wasn't some tactical masterclass they are being made out to be and but for the ref, they too would have gone in at half time without a shot on target!

We gave it a go second half and the subs certainly made a difference and but for a bit of luck and some very good defending, we would have at least grabbed the draw.

On to Wednesday and hopefully a decent result but more importantly for me, on to the league and we have to give it everything from here on in.

I've seen enough. No chance of a sensible discussion on here for the forseeable. I am annoyed that we have lost to a lower division side at home: I didn't see the Forest defeat so this is the first time I have witnessed live such a defeat in over forty years as a season ticket holder; kind of glad I gave my ticket for today away. However, the simple fact is that there is a reason that doing a domestic treble is so rare: it is bloody difficult to do.

Call me a rag if you want, but this is it.

I'm done with MP now. That starting back four, (like so many other people have already stated), shows 100% PURE ARROGANCE. That attitude made its way to the entire team. Once you get to a point in a competition where a game is called a quarter-final you treat that team like they're Barcelona. MP is so casual and such a super nice guy that he is completely useless. Any manager can walk into that dressing room and say "hey, 4-4-2 and be creative" and be successful, the team is that good. But when you get to February/March and have made progress in every competition and you finally have to rely on managerial skill then this guy is useless. Face the facts, he's figured out and just like Mancini he does not have a plan-B. I find it pathetic that in his eyes he can set out a rank second tier defense and expect to win. I couple weeks ago I was hopeful that we could overturn the score against Barcelona, not anymore. Once we're out of that we have nothing to work on except the league. Chelsea have 3 game in hands and we need to win all 3 to tie them on points. Doing that is gonna take effort and determination. Bye bye league. Pellers will be gone in the off-season, and I personally can not wait. I knew watching those demolitions earlier in the season that all he was doing was unleashing the team, that will only work for so long. He should have been working them into a system. Whoever our manager is next year will have to do what Mancini did when he first arrived, and thats take a giant chunk of the season to sort out the defence. Run and gun offence is for video games, not real-life.

Something else, when you get to a quarter-final in a competition you usually play your captain, to me that is just common sense. I doubt he's so tired that he couldn't play today and later this week. These are the games that a world class CB will push himself to be at his best, rest him if we go up 3-0, which I think we would've had the team come out with a better attitude and a real defence.

AliWaheed said:
bobbyowenquiff said:
That solves the fixture congestion problem
Yeah... and soon we'll be out of CL which is a bonus. Need to come 2nd in league minimum.

No. We need to WIN the league to show an improvement year on year. Anything less deserves the sack IMO.

Claytop said:
Horribly reminiscent to the latter stages of Mancini's tenure, maybe we need to look at the players?
You think?
Demechilis?
Clichy?

Garcia was having some shocking moments too.

henryhoover said:
I'm Blue said:
henryhoover said:
lack of respect for the FA cup , seems the owners still don't rate this trophy
Wtf have the owners got to do with it?

if the powers that be really wanted to win the FA cup Kompany Fernadinho and Zabaletta would have started ,they clearly think the 2-0 at the Nou Camp can be turned around , or that players should be rested for the league
The manger picks the team, then it's up to the team to perform.
Owner has nothing to do with it.

blueinsa said:
Shameful some of the comments from the usual muppets on here.

We lost a game of football, shit happens and yes it was fucking poor for the majority of the game but fuck me, some of the language being used by some is ridiculous.

Credit to Wigan and Uwe but for me, they wasn't some tactical masterclass they are being made out to be and but for the ref, they too would have gone in at half time without a shot on target!

We gave it a go second half and the subs certainly made a difference and but for a bit of luck and some very good defending, we would have at least grabbed the draw.

On to Wednesday and hopefully a decent result but more importantly for me, on to the league and we have to give it everything from here on in.

This! Vent your anger but some of the comments this afternoon are disgraceful from some so called fans. You can't always win and I don't agree with playing your top 11 all the time as injuries and burn out will result in nothing.

My only concern is that, Nasri aside, our two best performers today, Milner and Lescott, don't even rate in the managers mind. This worries me although I'll not be screaming for him to be castrated because of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.