City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

Absolutely pathetic and ignominious performance from City today. It now looks like we'll only win the League Cup this season, and that's not good enough.

at least we don't have to wait a week to play again?

everyone in the squad and management team is going to get slagged on here in the next few days. some deservedly, some not. but everyone will get ripped into on here and frequently in an insane fashion

If we ever play against Wigan again, can we give Yaya the day off? Probably the most dissapointing player of the game for me, in a game where noone came out with much credit. MDM getting bullied by a championship striker and lunging in when he shouldn't really doesn't surprise me anymore, but I expect better from Yaya, picked up right where he left off from the final last year. Too many complaints to put into words tbh

I thought that was a bit of a joke from Pellegrini as well.

First man to manage a game of this importance in something so casual that I am aware of!

Players played the same way as well for 60mins.

Deserved nothing. All this talk of "best team in the world" and "Quadruple" has got to the players heads, and made them cocky. They looked at Wigan, and must have thought "2nd tier team, we'll roll them over easily". Our performances since Chelsea in the FA Cup have been average at best, even against Sunderland we needed two wonder goals to turn the match. Hopefully this will be a reality check.

Cobwebcat said:
SamTheGuru said:
A few observations:

- It is has been so long since a ref has been that much against us it reminds you of what it used to be like.

- Absolutely EVERYTHING was against us.

- If we play like we did in the last 25 minutes of that game for the entire game, every game, we would win most of our games 8-0

- Uwe Rosler is a good manager.

- Clichy has declined to a ridiculously low level in the space of 12 months.

- I just don't understand how many clear goal scoring opportunities can not end up in the net in one game.

Everything? Take a look at our goal

I stand corrected, EVERYTHING minus 1.

henryhoover said:
lack of respect for the FA cup , seems the owners still don't rate this trophy

Absolute rubbish!!! has nothing to do with the owners. Its the ability and ambition of the fringe players that are totally to blame. Our first team would have murdered Wigan today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.