City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

MCC said:
Far too casual. Pellers set the tone wearing a fucking tracksuit!!
Wayyyyy too casual.

We should start games 1-0 down. Seems nobody seems to bother unless we go behind. Nasri was class today, but while it was 0-0, wasn't up to much.

The first hour was just pathetic, just don't know what else to say about that game.

sam-caddick said:
CTID101 said:
I thought that was a bit of a joke from Pellegrini as well.

First man to manage a game of this importance in something so casual that I am aware of!

Players played the same way as well for 60mins.

What??

Numerous times under Mancini we couldn't raise ourselves against lesser opposition, it nearly cost us the league in the title winning season and most certainly cost us last season.

Mentality issue amongst the players if you ask me, too many galacticos who want to rely on each other rather than take the task upon themselves.
Yeh.

Mentality is a huge issue I completely agree, our biggest one.
I don't believe mentally it helps when the manager is stood on the sideline with a hoody on.

All the players are gifted footballers, few are mentally strong enough to go into battle if they need to.

All too casual. Started with parade of league cup and Garcia having pictures taken with his baby just before kick off. Poor back four with MDM and I'm afraid Micah isn't the player he should have become. We didn't play for 65 minutes and in my opinion paid the price for that. Three defeats at the Etihad this season is a bit of a concern for me. All the talk of the quadruple and if we don't start to work harder and make our quality count we could possibly end up with just the league cup.

Kazzydeyna said:
What has our manager actually achieved his season?

He got us out of an easy CL group. A group that any manager in the premiership would get these players out of.

He won the league cup thanks to two slices of genius from yaya and nasri.

He has shown himself to be tactically naive and stubborn to the point of arrogance all season.

I honestly don't see where the upgrade is on what we had before. I'm sure the kitman's assistant assistant likes him a lot but truthfully that means fuck all to me.

He's taking us backwards and the club has dropped a huge bollock appointing him.

Don't be silly.

Team selection said it all. Prioritising a near on impossible task away at Barcelona over an FA Cup quarter final at home to Wigan. Everyone in that dressing room needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Yes, we had opportunities in the 2nd half but you can't waste a full first half doing absolutely nothing.

Nothing needs to be said about Demichelis, we just repeat ourselves week in, week out. Richards and Clichy have gone so far downhill its ridiculous. We only decide to play after making a triple substitution just isn't good enough at where we want to be.

After looking strong for most of the season, cant help but think that we'll only have the League Cup to show for it.

Champions again in 2012 said:
All too casual. Started with parade of league cup and Garcia having pictures taken with his baby just before kick off. Poor back four with MDM and I'm afraid Micah isn't the player he should have become. We didn't play for 65 minutes and in my opinion paid the price for that. Three defeats at the Etihad this season is a bit of a concern for me. All the talk of the quadruple and if we don't start to work harder and make our quality count we could possibly end up with just the league cup.

4 defeats: Wigan, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.