City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

Claytop said:
TGR said:
The manager has to take 100% of the blame for that defeat due to his team selection.
We should / could have won that game in a canter. A major fuck up.

Can't agree, the team put out should have been more than capable of beating a championship side, no matter how well they're playing.

Player mentality issue for me.

Sorry but with Kompany, Zab & Ferdy we would have won that game by half time.
100% fuck up from the manager for me.

This thread is shit... seriously... some of the comments on here and the people who post them need to go outside have a break and come back on Wednesday..

heslops barnet said:
Back 4 had no understanding or discipline Start with the best 11 and let Wednesday take care of itself, as previously posted we had more chance of FA Cup than CL. Hopefully after Wednesday our league form doesn't suffer answers truffle to finish 4th.

City fan for 50 years, been there and seen it happen before.

Is Pelli any better than Bobby Manc in all honesty?

No he's not.

Well done to Uwe as well. A future city boss? He out thought our manager today thats for sure.

Have we made a tough call here? Possibly sacrifice a domestic cup double for the league with the chance to show the world how we really can play on Wed? After Wed if we go out gloriously we´ll have 12 balls out games at full strength with no excuses - very tough but now they´re all cup finals. Realism v naked ambition. A lot might depend now how far Chavs go in CL

On the way home so havent read the rest of this thread. The first half display was pretty pathetic, no urgency what so ever. why rest players to then bring them on at half time? Didnt learn our lesson from thw watford game. Silva once again changed the game, and yaya looked poor with out ferna. Best team won in the end so congrats uwe

Horrible play. I guess we should move on now to the next match. Aguero still needs more match fitness. David Silva, just wow. As soon as he comes on something will happen, the best player on the pitch by far and that's why he's my favourite player. Nasri was really good too and so was Milner. Demichelis is our weakest player and Lescott should play as he was good too. No one could go past Lescott's side but everyone from Wigan loved punishing and harassing Demichelis' side. Shows how he's past it and should not be played. Dzeko proves again why he's the most frustrating City player to watch. Clichy was good at defending but bad at crosses. Shows how Kolarov was badly needed. Richards seemed okay for some parts but then seemed confused at attacking as he didn't understand when to go forward. Probably needs more matches to play in but it's better for him to move on as who knows how long will that take. Zabaleta could've made the difference. Everyone else was just average at best.

Flop of the match: Definitely Pellegrini with choosing Demichelis first and for not kicking the players up the arse to wake up and be energetic and play with passion and pride. Only in the second half he did that, but it was just too late. Every match the City players need to play like in the second half and put pressure on the opponent. Then we'll see the real City.

TGR said:
Claytop said:
TGR said:
The manager has to take 100% of the blame for that defeat due to his team selection.

Can't agree, the team put out should have been more than capable of beating a championship side, no matter how well they're playing.

Even though I agree with this.
The players have to take responsibility for such a shit uninterested performance as well.

Our strikers can finish fuck all recently. Aguero has an excuse but Negredo and Dzeko have both been absolute shite the past few games.

TGR said:
Claytop said:
TGR said:

I'm not saying we would't, just that we shouldn't have needed to. Them players picked should have been good enough.

How many times have we seen Yaya look uninterested against lower opposition, I can't f***ing stand it.

They should be up for every game when trophies are up for grabs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.