City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

TGR said:
Champions again in 2012 said:
All too casual. Started with parade of league cup and Garcia having pictures taken with his baby just before kick off. Poor back four with MDM and I'm afraid Micah isn't the player he should have become. We didn't play for 65 minutes and in my opinion paid the price for that. Three defeats at the Etihad this season is a bit of a concern for me. All the talk of the quadruple and if we don't start to work harder and make our quality count we could possibly end up with just the league cup.

Just what the fuck was that all about with Garcia before the kick off?
I was glad to see he was 100% focused on the game about to kick off.
Someone needs to have a word with him and also the manager for allowing it.

There we go. The reason we lost today was because a baby had infiltrated the pitch and had a picture taken with Javi Garcia. If that hadn't happened I'm sure our players would have shown some passion

citylincs said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
Forget it now.
Move on to beating Barcelona on Wednesday and winning the league back.

The quadruple/treble was always going to be difficult. A league/cup double would do me for me.
I agree, need to look forward. Poor today but could be magnificent on Wednesday.
Fuck Wednesday. I don't care about the CL. I wanna win the league!
I wanna go into matches not being worried about who's gonna fuck up for us to lose today.
Barcelona shouldn't even be on the radar. It's just a glory hunting mentality that means we lose games to Championship sides.

They need to be more professional.

playing a back second string defence against a team in great form wasnt clever.midfied and forwards lethargic-one eye on barca -but isnt the CL the owners priority?

blue saturday said:
playing a back second string defence against a team in great form wasnt clever.midfied and forwards lethargic-one eye on barca -but isnt the CL the owners priority?

I'm sure winning trophies is their priority.

No team with Demichelis in it is a shoe to win. This fella thinks because has played go a couple of good sides that he is agood player.

Kazzydeyna said:
What has our manager actually achieved his season?

He got us out of an easy CL group. A group that any manager in the premiership would get these players out of.

He won the league cup thanks to two slices of genius from yaya and nasri.

He has shown himself to be tactically naive and stubborn to the point of arrogance all season.

I honestly don't see where the upgrade is on what we had before. I'm sure the kitman's assistant assistant likes him a lot but truthfully that means fuck all to me.

He's taking us backwards and the club has dropped a huge bollock appointing him.

This post is ridiculous.

So is the one slating Pellgrini's choice of clothing like it had a fucking bearing on the result.

I don't get why Pantilimon has to play over Hart in cup games.

Hart hardly needs resting so is it a sympathy place?

Dave Whelan hogging the mic on GMR again...didn't he break his leg once in an FA cup final? Think he might of mentioned it once or twice!

TGR said:
Claytop said:
TGR said:
The manager has to take 100% of the blame for that defeat due to his team selection.
We should / could have won that game in a canter. A major fuck up.

Can't agree, the team put out should have been more than capable of beating a championship side, no matter how well they're playing.

Player mentality issue for me.

Sorry but with Kompany, Zab & Ferdy we would have won that game by half time.
100% fuck up from the manager for me.

I am not having that, the team Manuel had out should have got a result against Wigan.

Despite the talent we put out you think we still need Kompany, Zab and Ferdy to get us a win against a Championship side.

It's no coincidence that those three players are arguably our stongest mentally, most of the lot we had out today all contain the talent but don't have the mentality.

This mentality thing has been costing us for years, even going back to the title winning season, in my opinion we have too many galacticos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.