City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

AliWaheed said:
citylincs said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
Forget it now.
Move on to beating Barcelona on Wednesday and winning the league back.

The quadruple/treble was always going to be difficult. A league/cup double would do me for me.
I agree, need to look forward. Poor today but could be magnificent on Wednesday.
Fuck Wednesday. I don't care about the CL. I wanna win the league!
I wanna go into matches not being worried about who's gonna fuck up for us to lose today.
Barcelona shouldn't even be on the radar. It's just a glory hunting mentality that means we lose games to Championship sides.

They need to be more professional.

We will win the league. BELIEVE. It's all in our hands.

Shit happens. Would I have picked Kompany, Zana and Fernan after 90 minutes midweek for their national teams? NO. Hindsight if always better.
Our squad is probably not good but whats the point of paying anyone other than 16 players if we are never to rest people !

Wigan din't play any tactical masterpiece, they had one chance and one penalty and another one right at the end.
Something positive was we managed to create chances against a team defending in the last 25 minutes.

Hull away is very important now, HAVE to win that to get back on track.

Had the craziest dream, dreamt we'd been bought out by some super rich guy, formed a world class team and were winning everything. Too much cheese last night I guess...well done Wigan...beat the fuckin' gooners. Got to love the F.A cup for this reason

If we beat Barca and go through thenit will be worth losing today. We're going to do it!!
No more pessimism :)

That feels better.

Seems MP's much vaunted man management isn't quite as good as have been led to believe.

Put it this way, as much as I want to slate him for it, it turns out there was a reason some of our key men weren't even on the bench (or were but barring an injury wouldn't have a cat in helps chance of getting on the pitch).

Apparently some of the usual suspects are beginning to think they should run the team again. In which case, as poor as he has been recently I applaud MP for picking MDM and at least trying to assert some show of control.

Firstly, thank you Wigan - I don't know if I could have taken another £200+ hit for a Wembley trip.

Secondly, we have to get used to this. Ferguson sacrificed the FA cup for a good few years in favour of the CL, and it looks like we're in the same trap. I've no doubt Pellegrini, as Ferguson did when he made changes, believed the team he picked could win the game. We just have to suck it up.

Did the referee being shit really get to the players so much? Why did Yaya and Nasri have to explode during the match? After being in the Premier League for so long, they should have been used to shit referees by now. The pressure just got to them and Wigan took advantage of that. In the final 25 minutes, despite what happened in the previous 65 minutes, Yaya would likely have made the difference, like what happened in the Capital One Cup final.
I feel Pellegrini made a lot of errors today, too many changes, Demichelis etc. We lost a chance in the FA cup due to the coach and players taking it too lightly.
We can only learn from this and hope to do better next time..
Kudos to Rosler and Wigan. They did what needed to be done and played well to get the result.
Next time..

ianw16 said:
Well, that made sense. Play understrength team in competition we're close to winning, no doubt put out strong team on Wednesday in competition we have no chance in; be knackered in next PL game because of it, and likely be out of that as well. Brilliant.
Yep, that's about the size of it. Mr Richards, meet Mr Demichelis. Mr Demichelis, meet Mr Lescott. Mr Lescott, do you remember Mr Clichy? Mr Clichy, you remember Mr Richards?

Well done Uwe and Wigan but piss poor from us and our deliberately understrength defence.

-- 09 Mar 2014, 18:55 --

sincity said:
Did the referee being shit really get to the players so much? Why did Yaya and Nasri have to explode during the match? After being in the Premier League for so long, they should have been used to shit referees by now. The pressure just got to them and Wigan took advantage of that. In the final 25 minutes, despite what happened in the previous 65 minutes, Yaya would likely have made the difference, like what happened in the Capital One Cup final.
I feel Pellegrini made a lot of errors today, too many changes, Demichelis etc. We lost a chance in the FA cup due to the coach and players taking it too lightly.
We can only learn from this and hope to do better next time..
Kudos to Rosler and Wigan. They did what needed to be done and played well to get the result.
Next time..
Now I know you're not being serious.

Piss poor performances this year

Cardiff.
Aston Villa
Sunderland
Watford
Wigan

It's a mentality issue we have, we belive all we have to do is turn up, it has been the same for the last couple of years.

Nothing we can do about today other than learn from it and move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.