City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

Some as I saw the back 4, I was worried. Pathetic team selection from Pellegrini. Learnt nothing from the Watford game

Terrible result but I´m not that arsed really.. Sounds odd eh?
Truth is of course that I´d like us to focus on the league right now.

When one crack occurs in the team, others start to appear, which is exactly what's happening.

Defensively, we've been awful the past month or so. And eventually it starts to effect the others, in this case it being our strikers. Banging in goal after goal but then conceding and your work being completely undone because of defensive errors is deflating.

You can see it in Nasri's frustration, probably the best season he has had under us and his form at the end of the season is going to be overlooked due to our problems defensively. The guy plays his arse off and is always pissed off. It damages team morale.

Same happened last year in the FA cup final. All that off the field crap surrounding Mancini being axed just a week later with us about to go into a cup final left the side in tatters. Individual brilliance saved us last week, but such individual brilliance isn't something that happens on a weekly basis, if it did we would be cruising right now.

Horrible today we didn't want it until we went 2 down.

Squad strength is not what media have hyped up, Micah, Demichellis, Garcia, Dzeko, Rodwell, Boyatta doesn't state quality back up.

It seems Pellegrini wants to impress his old audience in Spain but I still have faith in the man.

gwt said:
Our strikers can finish fuck all recently. Aguero has an excuse but Negredo and Dzeko have both been absolute shite the past few games.
We had more or less the same chance as Wigan scored their second from, if Dzeko shown as much enthusiasm to burst the net as he did chasing the referee it'd have been 2-2

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
I don't get why Pantilimon has to play over Hart in cup games.

Hart hardly needs resting so is it a sympathy place?

I wouldn't say sympathy but more man management -guy plays every round then gets dumped for the final.? Something not right about that. I was delighted for Pants when he got his winners medal last week. The guy has never let us down as far as I can recal, unlike certain others out there today.

malg said:
Firstly, thank you Wigan - I don't know if I could have taken another £200+ hit for a Wembley trip.

Secondly, we have to get used to this. Ferguson sacrificed the FA cup for a good few years in favour of the CL, and it looks like we're in the same trap. I've no doubt Pellegrini, as Ferguson did when he made changes, believed the team he picked could win the game. We just have to suck it up.

I would tend to agree - rock and a hard place although he should have changed it at HT a la Watford before the 2nd calamatous goal which effectively sealed it. Can MP galvanise them like the pisscan though? This remains to be seen

I think a lot of blues would take your point too regarding the state of their personal finances!! :o

Can you imagine that back four against suarez and sturridge. Fuck me. Micah needs to go. I know hes been injured but hes just not good enough. Im not gonna jump on mdm because hes being used as a scape goat.
I think negredo has been sussed out and has turned into a bit of a pudding like dzeko. Sergio looked rusty today, he is class but a pound to a pinch of shit that once he hits form then he will pull up again. So we have four strikers of which two are puddings and two are made of glass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.