City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

all this "wigan deserved it" shit is bollocks,
they were hand the win by our clueless manager and a bent ref. when those two fell short they were lucky as fuck in defence.

kupest said:
Shit happens. Would I have picked Kompany, Zana and Fernan after 90 minutes midweek for their national teams? NO. Hindsight if always better.
Our squad is probably not good but whats the point of paying anyone other than 16 players if we are never to rest people !

Wigan din't play any tactical masterpiece, they had one chance and one penalty and another one right at the end.
Something positive was we managed to create chances against a team defending in the last 25 minutes.

Hull away is very important now, HAVE to win that to get back on track.

And here we have it, after 20 odd pages.....sense prevails. Good post.

As soon as I seen back line I knew it was a disaster waiting to happen.

This Pelli/Demei thing puts me in mind of Mancini/Ballo. Why does he insists playing this sliding accident only he knows!

de niro said:
all this "wigan deserved it" shit is bollocks,
they were hand the win by our clueless manager and a bent ref. when those two fell short they were lucky as fuck in defence.
They deserved it simply because of their attitude

We were complacent. How can you have 3/4 of the ball as we did in the 1st half and not get a shot away?

We've prioritised the Champions League over the FA Cup and in the process possibly ruined our season. We aren't going to beat Barca 2-0 at the Nou Camp, so we should have played our strongest team. What happened to taking each game as it comes?

Pellegrini made a big mistake in signing Demichelis who has cost us in 2 competitions now. He has not given game time to Richards and Rodwell.

Glad that's out of the way - it reduces our fixture build up and we can concentrate on prem and champs league - we are due a big win so come on City let's get back on it and go on fighting on Wed and then catch chelski up piss maureen off

Pellegrini didn't underestimate wigan, he overestimated the reliability of our squad players. It's now clear to me that we have not a single decent english player, aside from milner. It is also now quite clear to me that Kompany is the only CB we have who can play the "pellegrini way." Those slagging off Demicheles have every right to, but he is without any doubt the closest to what we need. He reads the game very well and can jump passes, he's not afraid to put in a strong tackle, he is composed on the ball and great for retaining position and kick-starting attacks.

However, he has no pace and can NEVER recover from his mistakes. He shouldn't see the field again. His mistakes have cost us too much already. He may have 4/5 of the traits we are looking for in a center half, while nastasic and lescott have about 2 or 3 of the 5, but the one demicheles is missing is too costly. I understand why Pellegrini sees him as the best option for fitting the style of play, but I'm afraid it's past time to sacrifice style for dependability. Lescott takes less chances and should be our new number 2. And obviously Kompany MUST START EVERY SINGLE MEANINGFUL GAME. Failing to get mangala and January has cost us greatly.

I do not blame pellegrini for trusting a player he knows very well, I'm just upset he hasn't seen, or been able to admit to himself, how much aging has affected demicheles's game. I know he never had pace, but for such a risk taking player to be effective, you need at least a little bit. He's obviously lost half a step too much and can no longer do what he once did...

For those saying our season is already looking like a complete failure, you are jumping the gun. I hope and truly believe this loss will only motivate us to push harder in the PL and maybe even CL... It's about time Arsenal get some silverware anyways...

de niro said:
don't know why people are slating MDM, we were poor all over the field. the whole back 4 were dog shit.

I think it's the combination of Richards, MDM and Lescott...all 3 will probably be plying their trade elsewhere in August. I tend to believe you can afford one of them, maybe two at a push but not all three in the same game at the same time.

I think we can only make sense of today's result after Wednesday night. If we get rinsed at Barca then today will seem like a disaster.

i just don't understand how as a club we can invest so much to compete on multiple fronts, only to be pretty much solely reliant on mdm in the defining part of the season - a league cup will be about right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.