City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

wtrueblue said:
I've read every post on here up to this point, and for far too many posters to actually put down that somehow MP wearing a hoodie somehow had a hand in this defeat, along with a new born child, need to sober up, wise up, grow up! I couldn't give a toss if he stands in his boxers for fuck sake! That team out on that pitch today should be more than good enough to defeat Wigan day in day out. He selected players good enough to do the job and they didn't. Also see a couple of posts regarding Taylor and his officials. He's never anything other that awful in most games involving City and a total wanker in the same league as Foy and Dowd. Top drawer clowns but we still should've been good enough to win that game. Wigan's 2nd goal was Clichy day dreaming. Our chance that fell to the impotent Dzeko unfortunately had a Wigan defender, Boyce doing his job and deflecting Dzeko's effort over the bar, when in honesty Dzeko should've laced the ball and Boyce into the back of the net! A tad unfair I admit but our strikers need dozens of chances at the moment to convert them into a single goal. Also tooooooo many football managers on here who would've played this player, played this formation blah blah. Easy statements because they're never going to be proven are they. As I said earlier this team selection should've been good enough to win this. I'd congratulate Wigan and Uwe ( I'm well old enough to remember Uwe and lots before him) but I'd only be paying lip service I just don't feel it in honesty. Beaten in last years final and beaten in this years competition in the quarters by Wigan. Oh fuck me, really!!!!

just this ..great post !!

+1

Yes lets not strengthen our defence in the window and piss our chances away of the fa cup but at least weve got a lovely bridge

uwe rosler 28 said:
wtrueblue said:
I've read every post on here up to this point, and for far too many posters to actually put down that somehow MP wearing a hoodie somehow had a hand in this defeat, along with a new born child, need to sober up, wise up, grow up! I couldn't give a toss if he stands in his boxers for fuck sake! That team out on that pitch today should be more than good enough to defeat Wigan day in day out. He selected players good enough to do the job and they didn't. Also see a couple of posts regarding Taylor and his officials. He's never anything other that awful in most games involving City and a total wanker in the same league as Foy and Dowd. Top drawer clowns but we still should've been good enough to win that game. Wigan's 2nd goal was Clichy day dreaming. Our chance that fell to the impotent Dzeko unfortunately had a Wigan defender, Boyce doing his job and deflecting Dzeko's effort over the bar, when in honesty Dzeko should've laced the ball and Boyce into the back of the net! A tad unfair I admit but our strikers need dozens of chances at the moment to convert them into a single goal. Also tooooooo many football managers on here who would've played this player, played this formation blah blah. Easy statements because they're never going to be proven are they. As I said earlier this team selection should've been good enough to win this. I'd congratulate Wigan and Uwe ( I'm well old enough to remember Uwe and lots before him) but I'd only be paying lip service I just don't feel it in honesty. Beaten in last years final and beaten in this years competition in the quarters by Wigan. Oh fuck me, really!!!!

just this ..great post !!

+1

That's all well and good but the buck will always stop at the managers door just like his predecessor.

Still not sure what Navas brings to the table to be honest. Milner came on and offered more width and creativity in the first ten than Navas did all the first half.

Blue2112 said:
Bodicoteblue said:
It became obvious today that we are prioritising the CL , at the expense of at least the FA cup.
Even if we lose at Barca , or even sneak a draw , or who knows , a win - the point is that it will be watched by a worldwide audience , and will shine a huge light on the club and of course , bring increased attention and revenues.
That , I'm afraid , is the name of the game these days , and until we have a second string better than the one we have, we are going to have to put up with days like today!
Let's pray for a performance on weds. This is where Pellegrini earns his corn. Wigan came here today with no hope - we go to Spain on weds with no hope - we have nothing to lose- opportunity knocks!

I fully understand this need from the club for commercial success and there is undoubted pressure on the manager for Champions League success but surely that has to be viewed differently if we are 2 nil down going to Barcelona with a home tie v Wigan in the FA Cup which in itself would bring the club loads of attention and commercial success. What really annoys me with games like today is that we have only won three trophies so far and nowhere near enough for me to start prioritising which trophy is more important. When or if we can dominate the domestic scene for a few more years then I would expect us to turn our attention to even bigger glories. I love the clubs ambitions but its a bit egotistical and has bitten us hard on our arses tonight. We didn't learn after Wigan last season its unforgiveable to repeat the same attitude again and so soon to the very same team.
What happened to taking each game as it comes, and prioritising the next game. Pellegrini might not be solely to blame but why is he repeatedly playing Demichelis

I would not have minded Pellegrini resting a couple of players today given what is ahead, and given the League Cup Final and Barcelona, but with common sense in mind. Why for example was Milner not starting? He's well rested.

I half hope that Barcelona give us a good hiding just to teach us a lesson only it's the fans and players who will suffer.

I just know that in years to come I'll look back on this game in anger because we did not give it all we had. We got beat fair and square against Spurs, West Ham, and Palace at the Quarters, and good luck to Wigan as they fought hard, but to play such a weakened team is unacceptable.

My word, what is this phenomena that happened today - we lost a game to weaker opposition!

well, whoppdedoo, get over it. The way some have reacted on here is like the world is ending or that we're a massive pile of sh*t.

The way we went about today was frustrating, a little unprofessional and perhaps disrespectful to Wigan. But you know, before this weekend 14 other teams from the Premier had gone out of the Cup too, and now we are just another statistic. Also, who is to say that we wouldnt have been pumped by Arsenal in the semi?

Granted I accept that recent games have churned out a few bad halfs and some 'below-energy' performances, and that perhaps a few squad issues are coming to light, but seriously just calm down and take stock.

I also expect a full tilt assault on the league but what's done is done. move on!<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:27 pm --<br /><br />
Chrisja1000 said:
Still not sure what Navas brings to the table to be honest. Milner came on and offered more width and creativity in the first ten than Navas did all the first half.

Navas was poor today I agree

Vincent spent the week telling all who would listen how it felt last season so its fair to say REVENGE was on the menu ,so what does Pellegrini do ? Drop/Rest our inspirational captain take out our midfield playmaker and leave out our best defensive midfielder YES Manuel , that will really send the fear of god in them

mick10 said:

Spot on!

shemnel said:
My word, what is this phenomena that happened today - we lost a game to weaker opposition!

well, whoppdedoo, get over it. The way some have reacted on here is like the world is ending or that we're a massive pile of sh*t.

The way we went about today was frustrating, a little unprofessional and perhaps disrespectful to Wigan. But you know, before this weekend 14 other teams from the Premier had gone out of the Cup too, and now we are just another statistic. Also, who is to say that we wouldnt have been pumped by Arsenal in the semi?

Granted I accept that recent games have churned out a few bad halfs and some 'below-energy' performances, and that perhaps a few squad issues are coming to light, but seriously just calm down and take stock.

I also expect a full tilt assault on the league but what's done is done. move on!

-- Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:27 pm --

Chrisja1000 said:

Navas was poor today I agree

Last week Sunderland lost the cup but gained enormous respect from everyone because they left everything on the pitch and could walk away knowing they had give their best and that's all you can ask.

Today we didn't and that is what is unforgiveable. Losing I can take, god knows we've all suffered enough but not when we don't give it our best shot and that was the same when we were shit.

plongo said:
Writing on the wall for me pre match

Parading the cup we won last week (cant even remember its name)
The Spanish lad having his picture with his newly born baby girl taken on the pitch approx. 30 seconds before kick off
Pellers in his hoodie

As far as I can see what was lacking was attention to detail
Clive Woodward remember him? The man who masterminded one of the greatest ever sporting triumphs in this country (and for the record I dislike Ra) wrote in his fantastic book about it - and it doesn't just apply to sport - he stressed the importance of what he refers to as "SNE's" Simple Non Essentials in other words things you don't have to do but make all the difference, details that put his team on the front foot and theirs on the back foot.

It's all about momentum at this time of the season and I think we've dropped the ball, simply through lack of attention to detail
If you don't agree with me then fine, but here's another one to consider;
We were behind today, and when the ball went out of play where were the ball boys / girls busting a gut to get the ball to the players wanting to get in back in to play asap? There were several occasions when, for one Clichy had to run off the pitch to retrieve the ball (his urgency was clear to see) but no effort was made to urgently get the ball back in play - hence momentum is lost - the emotional bubble is pricked, the opposition get 30 seconds to breathe in. I know it sounds trivial but with all the other great things we've got going on, this is a big gap

Incorrect use of semicolon: anything that sits in front of the punctuation mark must make a complete sentence, and the lexicon following the punctuation mark doesn't start with a capital letter.

Clive Woodward won the World Cup with the greatest players ever to play for their country; he couldn't of failed (notice the correct use of the semicolon).

We didn't lose this game because the ball boys weren't reacting quick enough, we lost it because we played awful for large parts of the contest

Your analysis makes no sense is boring, grammatically incorrect and a load of shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.