City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

If that was a team picked to orders from on high with a view to wed then its the owners who dont understand the importance or the passion of winning the fa cup provides. Or could be a case of we've won that one already so we dont give a damn bout it ? If that sidewas picked by MP on his own then i reckon hes signed his own p45. The common denominator of us losing is MDM or tugboat as i call him. The beligerance of MP to continue to play him absolutely astounds me plus ALL city fans plus ALL the tv pundits who commentate on every match we play him in. The guy just always doesnt give a stuff bout playing for city and always gives either a free kick or a penalty away without a thought.

blue banks said:
Kenny Clements Perm said:
plongo said:
Writing on the wall for me pre match

Parading the cup we won last week (cant even remember its name)
The Spanish lad having his picture with his newly born baby girl taken on the pitch approx. 30 seconds before kick off
Pellers in his hoodie

As far as I can see what was lacking was attention to detail
Clive Woodward remember him? The man who masterminded one of the greatest ever sporting triumphs in this country (and for the record I dislike Ra) wrote in his fantastic book about it - and it doesn't just apply to sport - he stressed the importance of what he refers to as "SNE's" Simple Non Essentials in other words things you don't have to do but make all the difference, details that put his team on the front foot and theirs on the back foot.

It's all about momentum at this time of the season and I think we've dropped the ball, simply through lack of attention to detail
If you don't agree with me then fine, but here's another one to consider;
We were behind today, and when the ball went out of play where were the ball boys / girls busting a gut to get the ball to the players wanting to get in back in to play asap? There were several occasions when, for one Clichy had to run off the pitch to retrieve the ball (his urgency was clear to see) but no effort was made to urgently get the ball back in play - hence momentum is lost - the emotional bubble is pricked, the opposition get 30 seconds to breathe in. I know it sounds trivial but with all the other great things we've got going on, this is a big gap

Incorrect use of semicolon: anything that sits in front of the punctuation mark must make a complete sentence, and the lexicon following the punctuation mark doesn't start with a capital letter.

Clive Woodward won the World Cup with the greatest players ever to play for their country; he couldn't of failed (notice the correct use of the semicolon).

We didn't lose this game because the ball boys weren't reacting quick enough, we lost it because we played awful for large parts of the contest

Your analysis makes no sense is boring, grammatically incorrect and a load of shit.

Correction: he couldn't have failed.
Correction: Your analysis makes no sense, is boring, grammatically incorrect, and a load of shit.
Hilarious - a lesson in grammar from someone who doesn't know which auxiliary verb to use with a past participle!

Ducado said:
It's never nice losing, but for whatever reason the club have not prioritised this competition, we were poor first half much better in the second

Shit happens, we move on to Wednesday

I'd appreciate one of them nice emails or text messages they like to send the next time they're not prioritising a game or more importantly a competition and I'll prioritise the couple of hundred quid I've already spent on this seasons FA Cup on something more important.

PaleBlue said:
Deserved what we got today I'm afraid. Awful performance first half, and too little too late.

Thanks City, we won't be winning anything else this year so I can focus on getting my motorbike back on the road early.

Goodnight. God bless.
I agree about today. Just be careful you don't pull too big a wheelie if we do though ;)

You could have picked any 11 out of our 25 man squad and they should have been good enough to beat Wigan at home, so the team selection means fuck all.

Attitude is the reason we lost today and only 2-3 players had it.

I have been to 3 home matches now and seen 3 defeats . That was worse than the Chelsea and Barcelona defeats . Are season is going down the drain this season . The only saving grace is at we have won a trophy this season .

Ducado said:
It's never nice losing, but for whatever reason the club have not prioritised this competition, we were poor first half much better in the second

Shit happens, we move on to Wednesday
Today was possible. We were odds on to win, yet we prioritised a game where we are odds on to lose. Even if we win, it will not be worth it, as we could have played Kompany, and Fernandinho today, got this game won and rested players and have good morale.

Pellegrini should go for this.

Getting to Wembley is precious. Every football fan who has put in the years dreaming of opportunities like today would be absolutely devastated to see his team get beat in the manner in which we did

We lost to Wigan at home and we were going for a triple. We are a bigger laughing stock than Man Utd

Last season, Ferguson eked out every point for a struggling squad that was way past their best. Manuel Pellegrini has blown the opportunity for a far more talented squad. Really is poor poor management and I hope there are consequences. Otherwise we'll have more days like today and the best players will leave. They aren't mugs.

Marvin said:
aguerooooo said:
Vincent spent the week telling all who would listen how it felt last season so its fair to say REVENGE was on the menu ,so what does Pellegrini do ? Drop/Rest our inspirational captain take out our midfield playmaker and leave out our best defensive midfielder YES Manuel , that will really send the fear of god in them
And send a message of complacency to the rest of the players

Really ridiculous decision.

What did we assemble this team at such great cost for. To play away against one of the strongest teams in Europe 2-0 down, but not to go for the throat against Championship opposition in an FA Cup Quarter-Final?

I've supported City for 40 years. I rarely criticise a manager or a player. Like every City fan I'm really disappointed but left angry with the manager for not giving it all we have got.

team selection lost us the game

very very disappointing

cup was there to be won again

WNRH said:
You could have picked any 11 out of our 25 man squad and they should have been good enough to beat Wigan at home, so the team selection means fuck all.

That's very naive. Football doesn't work that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.