City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

baildon blue said:
I have been to 3 home matches now and seen 3 defeats . That was worse than the Chelsea and Barcelona defeats . Are season is going down the drain this season . The only saving grace is at we have won a trophy this season .

Please stay at home for the rest of the season:)

baildon blue said:
I have been to 3 home matches now and seen 3 defeats . That was worse than the Chelsea and Barcelona defeats . Are season is going down the drain this season . The only saving grace is at we have won a trophy this season .
It's your fucking fault do me a favour and stay away until next season please ;)

SamTheGuru said:
WNRH said:
You could have picked any 11 out of our 25 man squad and they should have been good enough to beat Wigan at home, so the team selection means fuck all.

That's very naive. Football doesn't work that way.

Great work on not quoting my second and most important point.

SamTheGuru said:
Gunna throw one out there. Nasri looked like a true warrior today. Seemed like he wanted to win more than anybody else. I have never been the greatest fan of Nasri but these last few months he seems to have come into his own. Some of the runs he was doing at times were immense.

Indeed. I was worried about his temper for a moment in first half, but he managed to channel it into an excellent second half. Wanted the win more than anyone else.

I'm equally enraged, flabbergasted and genuinely distraught over some of the comments people are making on here.

It's easy to point your fingers at Pellegrini and scream that it's his fault. Same with Demi or Garcia (although less so him these days. Despite the two dire passes straight to a Wigan player.) But today you'd be absolutely wrong to do so.

'Why did he start MDM today?' Because Kompany needs a rest. He has started and played 90 minutes for so long now I can't remember not seeing him in the starting 11, he's going to suffer burn-out unless you rest him. Nastasic is out injured, but that's simply a side note right now. Pellegrini's hands were tied. He had to choose: Play kompany today, Wednesday and the weekend and burn him out completely as we enter a very intensive PL game spree That we NEED to win. Rest him for the FA cup. Or rest him in the CL and have that shoddy defence against Barcelona and be embarrassed on an international stage.

'Those were stupid substitutions' Except Yaya had bottled it. Wigan had gotten under his skin and we all knew it. He was one ball throw or wild kick away from being sent of, either of which you could feel brewing under his skin. And let's be honest, the ref wouldn't have been lenient today. Negredo has been ineffective recently and Aguero needed the run out. Jovetic is injured, so again his hands were tied he had to bring Dzeko on. Navas, well, he was always going to be subbed.

But enough about Pellegrini, let's talk about Everything else.
Clichy; His crossing was errant and his defending for the second goal... well, the less said the better suffice to say he should have got to that first. He didn't perform today.

Richards let himself down. His driving runs we were accustomed to just didn't happen for the first half and yet he was still out of position a hell of a lot of times. Times when we needed him to provide cover.

Lescott had a stormer today, but driving the ball forward isn't really a strength of his.
Yaya was one move away from a red. Ineffective and brash.
Our forwards once again failed to score. All of them. It wasn't just Dzeko, it was all three of them.

It's reprehensible to blame one player or even go as far as questioning if the manager should be sacked for a loss. Instead we should be sucking it up and moving on, you have to take the rough with the smooth, we know that better than anybody

Fair play to Wigan, they defended absolutely immaculately and wanted the win more. It was an absolutely torrid performance from us in the first half, with the exception of Silva, Nasri and Lescott. But the second half was much better from everyone.

The one and only question I have for Pellegrini is about MDM. What is it we're not seeing about him? Other than that as long as we make the Champions league next year I'll be satisfied with this year. Although I do expect our transfer team to work some magic with a few of our weaker positions.

:Note to self; Proof read better.:

WNRH said:
SamTheGuru said:
WNRH said:
You could have picked any 11 out of our 25 man squad and they should have been good enough to beat Wigan at home, so the team selection means fuck all.

That's very naive. Football doesn't work that way.

Great work on not quoting my second and most important point.

Your second and "most important point" didn't really back up or contradict your original point so don't really know what you mean. You said we could have played anybody and if they had the right attitude we would've won. Do you really believe that?

Just didn't work hard enough today and has been said on here before, one time we're going to gift someone 2 goals
and we won't recover. Well today is that day. Not pissed about the result, pissed about the performance.

I try not to post on here often but today was a disgrace...

I don't believe in slagging off MDM or any of the players, but the 2nd string is nowhere near good enough.

At this point I have to point out that Mancini flagged up a number of issues with the squad even in Jan last year.

The same problems are still there, the mediocrity that Mancini was trying to get out of the squad is still there or has been replaced by equally mediocre or worse.

The new manager has come and had half a season, the refresh of faces has had some effect but anyone who's seen us in the 2nd half of this season can see the same faults creeping back in. Even before that, it started with 10 min periods, two or three per game where intensity dropped and teams got at us, even in games we were dominating. re Liverpool & Arsenal...

So the guys I'm really wondering about at this point are the 2 Spanish blokes behind the scenes. Who is really calling the shots when it comes to squad and priorities.

I know some might not like it but I'm going to say it anyway... the rot set in once Mancini was undermined. We're now on a downward curve.

A perfectly executed cover-up operation from City players today. I guess the Barca people were puzzled and thinking WTF was going on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.