City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

freewheelinfranklin said:
steviemc said:
I try not to post on here often but today was a disgrace...

I don't believe in slagging off MDM or any of the players, but the 2nd string is nowhere near good enough.

At this point I have to point out that Mancini flagged up a number of issues with the squad even in Jan last year.

The same problems are still there, the mediocrity that Mancini was trying to get out of the squad is still there or has been replaced by equally mediocre or worse.

The new manager has come and had half a season, the refresh of faces has had some effect but anyone who's seen us in the 2nd half of this season can see the same faults creeping back in. Even before that, it started with 10 min periods, two or three per game where intensity dropped and teams got at us, even in games we were dominating. re Liverpool & Arsenal...

So the guys I'm really wondering about at this point are the 2 Spanish blokes behind the scenes. Who is really calling the shots when it comes to squad and priorities.

I know some might not like it but I'm going to say it anyway... the rot set in once Mancini was undermined. We're now on a downward curve.
Our downward curve in the PL, Champions League and domestic cup competitions is still looking better than last year. You win the most illogical comment of the day prize...hands down! Try posting a bit less if that's the best you can come out with!

Oh and another thing...

You've said my post is illogical... oh yeah? lets have a look at a couple of things...

1) PL Solid 2nd place to 4th and under pressure to win games in hand... zero margin for error. More games lost.
2) FAC losing finalist to losing Quarter finalist
3) CL out of group but bummed twice...
4) LC early round losers to winners...

is that still an upward trajectory?
Point 1. You are talking out of your arse by including games in hand. We are closer to winning PL than we were last year. FACT.
Point 2. No win is no win. FACT
Point 3. CL progression is better - the consequences of which your tiny brain will not be able to comprehend. FACT
Point 4. League cup WINNERS - FACT

Point 5. School in the morning for you - FACT

irishben said:
Beat Barca and win PL no one will give a shit a bout this in 2 months time

Disagree, today we should have been in a semi final so the least he needs to do is qualify for a Champions League semi final. Beating Barca might do wonders commercially and for the fans for a few days but the reality is won't win us fuck all.

Blue2112 said:
irishben said:

Disagree, today we should have been in a semi final so the least he needs to do is qualify for a Champions League semi final. Beating Barca might do wonders commercially and for the fans for a few days but the reality is won't win us fuck all.
We are not going to win both domestic cups each and every year. IT HARDLY EVER HAPPENS. Get over it.

steviemc said:
steviemc said:
Our downward curve in the PL, Champions League and domestic cup competitions is still looking better than last year. You win the most illogical comment of the day prize...hands down! Try posting a bit less if that's the best you can come out with!

Oh and another thing...

You've said my post is illogical... oh yeah? lets have a look at a couple of things...

1) PL Solid 2nd place to 4th and under pressure to win games in hand... zero margin for error. More games lost.

Point 1. You are talking out of your arse by including games in hand. We are closer to winning PL than we were last year. FACT.
Point 3. CL progression is better - the consequences of which your tiny brain will not be able to comprehend. FACT

This is why I rarely post on here...

steviemc said:
Blue2112 said:
irishben said:

We are not going to win both domestic cups each and every year. IT HARDLY EVER HAPPENS. Get over it.

Having watched City for 42 years I know full well you don't get to winning both domestic trophies HARDLY EVER and this year was without doubt the best chance in my lifetime of it happening. I personally don't think we will win the Champions League for a few more years yet and today should have been a priority. I'm over it but I'll get over it without being told too, so maybe get over the fact some of us are more pissed off than maybe you are tonight.

steviemc said:
Oh and another thing...

This is why I rarely post on here...

What a shame. You'r point 1 shows that any other point you may have is irrelevant.

steviemc said:
Blue2112 said:
irishben said:

Which is why it's so annoying that we let the opportunity pass us by

I fear season is going to be over in 7 days and ending in ignominy

steviemc said:
Blue2112 said:
irishben said:

Yep beat Barca 3 - 1

Marvin said:
steviemc said:
Blue2112 said:
Which is why it's so annoying that we let the opportunity pass us by

I fear season is going to be over in 7 days and ending in ignominy

Are you pissed tonight so unlike you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.