City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

steviemc said:
Marvin said:
Ducado said:
It's never nice losing, but for whatever reason the club have not prioritised this competition, we were poor first half much better in the second

Shit happens, we move on to Wednesday
Today was possible. We were odds on to win, yet we prioritised a game where we are odds on to lose. Even if we win, it will not be worth it, as we could have played Kompany, and Fernandinho today, got this game won and rested players and have good morale.

Pellegrini should go for this.

Getting to Wembley is precious. Every football fan who has put in the years dreaming of opportunities like today would be absolutely devastated to see his team get beat in the manner in which we did

We lost to Wigan at home and we were going for a triple. We are a bigger laughing stock than Man Utd

Last season, Ferguson eked out every point for a struggling squad that was way past their best. Manuel Pellegrini has blown the opportunity for a far more talented squad. Really is poor poor management and I hope there are consequences. Otherwise we'll have more days like today and the best players will leave. They aren't mugs.
You should know better. How many fucking managers do we want at City? Disgraceful comment.
I'm afraid that whatever we think may or may not happen withFFP it is already forcing our hand .
Without the constraints of this contrived piece of market rigging we would have already improved the depth of our squad to the point where we could have sent out a much more convincing side than we did today.
Sadly , although as fans of domestic competition , we would love to have lifted the FA cup , the prestige and revenues accruing from winning it are negligible in comparison to even just appearing in the CL , that's just a sad fact of life.
Until such times as the scam that is FFP is successfully challenged and thrown out , then our owners and their legal team will strive to comply , as it puts the club in a good light with the relevant authorities and strengthens our long term aims , and that means an amount of prioritising like it or not.

Long termism(clumsy but you know what I mean) is the hallmark of our owners' strategy , they know that sacrifices have to be made on the road to long term success. They also hope that most of us fans will recognise this and will come along with them . It's a long and hard road and we will need to show the patience , resilience and God knows , the sense of humour that has kept us believing through so many years of desperate disappointment.
Keep believing - it will be worth it!

steviemc said:
Blue2112 said:
irishben said:
Beat Barca and win PL no one will give a shit a bout this in 2 months time

Disagree, today we should have been in a semi final so the least he needs to do is qualify for a Champions League semi final. Beating Barca might do wonders commercially and for the fans for a few days but the reality is won't win us fuck all.
We are not going to win both domestic cups each and every year. IT HARDLY EVER HAPPENS. Get over it.

I know it doesn't but we stood a very good chance of doing that this year. Lets be honest here the champs league is out of our reach and the way Liverpool and Chelsea are just rolling along finishing above Arsenal (so we don't have to qualify for champs league next year) must be our new target.

freewheelinfranklin said:
steviemc said:
Oh and another thing...

You've said my post is illogical... oh yeah? lets have a look at a couple of things...

1) PL Solid 2nd place to 4th and under pressure to win games in hand... zero margin for error. More games lost.
2) FAC losing finalist to losing Quarter finalist
3) CL out of group but bummed twice...
4) LC early round losers to winners...

is that still an upward trajectory?
Point 1. You are talking out of your arse by including games in hand. We are closer to winning PL than we were last year. FACT.
Point 2. No win is no win. FACT
Point 3. CL progression is better - the consequences of which your tiny brain will not be able to comprehend. FACT
Point 4. League cup WINNERS - FACT

Point 5. School in the morning for you - FACT

This is why I rarely post on here...
Seriously though, don't be discouraged, your comments are equally as valid as mine, and I'm as bad as the next person for being emotional about results. I'm a bit old school and know how hard the club have struggled in the past to win a single trophy, and don't have enough fingers and toes to count our previous managers on.

Your opinion is still your opinion and the school jibe wasn't necessary, for which i apologise.

Ducado said:
Marvin said:
steviemc said:
We are not going to win both domestic cups each and every year. IT HARDLY EVER HAPPENS. Get over it.
Which is why it's so annoying that we let the opportunity pass us by

I fear season is going to be over in 7 days and ending in ignominy

Are you pissed tonight so unlike you

Can't be the real Marvin posting. I've never seen so many negative posts from him. Now me, that's a different story but even I'm worried about Marvin tonight.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Ducado said:
Marvin said:
Which is why it's so annoying that we let the opportunity pass us by

I fear season is going to be over in 7 days and ending in ignominy

Are you pissed tonight so unlike you

Can't be the real Marvin posting. I've never seen so many negative posts from him. Now me, that's a different story but even I'm worried about Marvin tonight.
#SOM

SAVE OUR MARVIN

steviemc said:
steviemc said:
Point 1. You are talking out of your arse by including games in hand. We are closer to winning PL than we were last year. FACT.
Point 2. No win is no win. FACT
Point 3. CL progression is better - the consequences of which your tiny brain will not be able to comprehend. FACT
Point 4. League cup WINNERS - FACT

Point 5. School in the morning for you - FACT

This is why I rarely post on here...
Seriously though, don't be discouraged, your comments are equally as valid as mine, and I'm as bad as the next person for being emotional about results. I'm a bit old school and know how hard the club have struggled in the past to win a single trophy, and don't have enough fingers and toes to count our previous managers on.

You're opinion is still your opinion and the school jibe wasn't necessary, for which i apologise.

no problem, its been a bad day and we're all pretty raw.

congrats to wigan , great game plan , rode their luck , and their players and supporters wanted it more , its a pity you cannot put a price on guts and endeavour , because we didnt show any for 70 minutes today.

irishben said:
Beat Barca and win PL no one will give a shit a bout this in 2 months time

I'm not sure how that'd make me feel. Beat Barcelona at the campnou and progress into the next stages of the CL,then going to bed grinning like a Cheshire cat before actually thinking to myself.......................how the fuck can we do this and lose to Wigan. Again!!!! It'll be too much. Wait it won't................................................

gmckennasell said:
congrats to wigan , great game plan , rode their luck , and their players and supporters wanted it more , its a pity you cannot put a price on guts and endeavour , because we didnt show any for 70 minutes today.
They can have Stokes place in the 'bogey team' hall of fame.

Manchester_lalala said:
Let downs. We've been shit for a month now.
You've got to question Pelli on this --He shows too much respect to the better teams and too much contempt from so called lesser teams . When will he realise this isn't Spain ,these teams see this type of game as a cup final and you need your strongest team to start with . SURELY HE'S NOT SAVING THE FIRST 11 FOR BARCA --perhaps he sees something the rest of us don't . Hull is now a massive game ---hope he doesn't under estimate that one or the title's a no brainer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.