City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

mick10 said:
irishben said:
Beat Barca and win PL no one will give a shit a bout this in 2 months time

I'm not sure how that'd make me feel. Beat Barcelona at the campnou and progress into the next stages of the CL,then going to bed grinning like a Cheshire cat before actually thinking to myself.......................how the fuck can we do this and lose to Wigan. Again!!!! It'll be too much. Wait it won't................................................

It won't happen so don't worry about it too much

steviemc said:
gmckennasell said:
congrats to wigan , great game plan , rode their luck , and their players and supporters wanted it more , its a pity you cannot put a price on guts and endeavour , because we didnt show any for 70 minutes today.
They can have Stokes place in the 'bogey team' hall of fame.

despite winning the cup , i still think sunderland deserve a place

citymad said:
steviemc said:
Blue2112 said:
Disagree, today we should have been in a semi final so the least he needs to do is qualify for a Champions League semi final. Beating Barca might do wonders commercially and for the fans for a few days but the reality is won't win us fuck all.
We are not going to win both domestic cups each and every year. IT HARDLY EVER HAPPENS. Get over it.

I know it doesn't but we stood a very good chance of doing that this year. Lets be honest here the champs league is out of our reach and the way Liverpool and Chelsea are just rolling along finishing above Arsenal (so we don't have to qualify for champs league next year) must be our new target.
Don't worry, I've already sorted the PL out. Every team to win the PL title in the last 10 years has led (or been equal) on points after 29 games. Wait for it...apart from us (with a little help from the rags monumental breakdown). So, providing we win our next three PL games, there should only be two teams (us and the chavs ) in contention for the title.

*disclaimer (something could happen that has not happened in the last ten years, for which I will look a cnut).

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
mick10 said:
irishben said:
Beat Barca and win PL no one will give a shit a bout this in 2 months time

I'm not sure how that'd make me feel. Beat Barcelona at the campnou and progress into the next stages of the CL,then going to bed grinning like a Cheshire cat before actually thinking to myself.......................how the fuck can we do this and lose to Wigan. Again!!!! It'll be too much. Wait it won't................................................

I'll still be annoyed, especially on semi-final weekend

Getting beat today, doesn't make it more likely we'll beat Barcelona.

We deserved to get beat today. And part of me would like us to get beat at Barcelona just to ram home the lesson.

We worked all season to get in a position to win trophies. We didn't even play our Captain. I can't get my head around this

God knows what position we will be in when it comes to playing Hull. Maybe we'll rest Kompany after his game at the Nou Camp, and start Demichelis up against Shane Long

I don't give a damn about Barcelona. We're not ready to fight them yet. But I care about City's standing in the domestic game, and we've had the most incredibly damaging day, and one that is self-inflicted. I cant accept this.

Not going to bang on about it any more.

Marvin said:
mick10 said:

We deserved to get beat today. And part of me would like us to get beat at Barcelona just to ram home the lesson.

We worked all season to get in a position to win trophies. We didn't even play our Captain. I can't get my head around this

God knows what position we will be in when it comes to playing Hull. Maybe we'll rest Kompany after his game at the Nou Camp, and start Demichelis up against Shane Long

I don't give a damn about Barcelona. We're not ready to fight them yet. But I care about City's standing in the domestic game, and we've had the most incredibly damaging day, and one that is self-inflicted. I cant accept this.

I'm with you in the angry stakes but we won the cup last week and still have a sniff in the league. We have no fucking chance in the CL.

The Hull game is now huge.....

Marvin said:

I'm with you in the angry stakes but we won the cup last week and still have a sniff in the league. We have no fucking chance in the CL.

The Hull game is now huge.....

The only way we can beat Hull is if I bet on Hull to win ---I'm worse in the betting stakes than Pelli is in team selection ---so I'm putting a TENNER ON HULL WIN or else the PL gone as well

So now we know - the Champions League is more important than domestic honours. Crazy team selection.
I thought Manuel would have played his strongest team in the first half, get a good grip by scoring a couple of goals, and then take players off. Our confidence should have been sky high going into Wednesday's game - instead we need to recover from a humiliating home defeat to a team from a lower division.
This result has brought us back down to earth with a huge bang.
I feel sorry for Manchester based fans having to face the taunts of rival fans and the media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.