City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

cleavers said:
freewheelinfranklin said:
Anyway I asked you to do a bit of simple admin type stuff and delete my profile, I've been looking around but I can't find out how to do it. Are you going to help with this simple request or are you to busy heroically wumming...
Its not quite so simple mate, I can't delete anyone's account, only Ric can delete accounts.

I could of course ban you, but why would I ? I don't think you merit a ban, well certainly not from me, just because we seem to be in dispute as posters, one thing we mods don't do is ban people because we are in dispute with a poster, I could ban you for the personal abuse, but I won't because it doesn't bother me greatly, and you're entitled to your opinion, but I'd prefer not to see it within threads, if you want to abuse me, you should take it to PM in my opinion.

Right ok, now we're getting somewhere... I've PM'd Ric to delete my profile.

As for the personal abuse... You started it...

I'm not someone who backs down when someone has a dig, but in this case I realise that actually I don't want to put myself in that position. Hence I'm out of the forum.

freewheelinfranklin said:
I'm not someone who backs down when someone has a dig, but in this case I realise that actually I don't want to put myself in that position. Hence I'm out of the forum.
You certainly are bud.

Having reviewed your posting history, you joined in January 2012 and posted a few times (about once a fortnight on average). Then, on 30 April 2012 you stopped posting for about four weeks. Funny that, as we beat the rags 1-0 later that night and won the league 12 days later for the first time in 44 years but there's not a peep out of you. Yet we lose to Wigan twice in the FA Cup and those games account for more than half your posts. You're no blue.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
Just found out the score wtf happened?
Would you believe they scored 2 and we only scored 1?
What a kick in the teeth for City fans. I'd rather we had lost to Sunderland and were going back to Wembley this morning to put it right against Arsenal at Wembley

In an instant the whole season's work has been undone before our eyes, and maybe a lot more.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:42 am --<br /><br />
Ronnie the Rep said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
Just found out the score wtf happened?
Would you believe they scored 2 and we only scored 1?

I got that part but I expected us to batter them especially at home
Demichelis and a unbelievable complacency that's what happened. Both stem from the manager, and he's had it now. The only way back is beating Hull and the League Title. So forget the Barcelona game. Time to gets serious.

Didn't want to post after I got back yesterday, this forum goes into meltdown when we lose a game of football.

The way I saw it, was pretty simple to me. I don't think there was anything in the first half, they had 1 shot on target and scored. I still don't know what MDM was doing, no need to make the tackle lescott had the cover on. I'll leave the decision making to pellegrini, I'm not going to slate him we have done enough of that. He is though, feckin useless and we are screaming out for a world class centre half in the summer, possibly two.

The problem yesterday was not team selection, tactics, it was just plain and simple, for 45 minutes, a terrible attitude. Wigan wanted it more, they fought harder, won the second balls and all the 50/50s. We played with a lack of pace, no urgency and too many sideways feckin passes. Wigan didn't sit and soak up pressure, one blue behind me thinking they were and that we have a problem breaking teams down when it's like that. They played with two strikers, and wing backs. It was 3-5-2 in possession and a 5-3-2 out of it. Exactly what Watford did. We just had the wrong attitude.

2nd half, we battered them after that god awful start. I'm in 122 and I had a crackin view of clichy. I still don't know what he was doing. He never anticipated the ball, caught ball watching basically and at this level you don't get away with that. It's the most timid ball across your 6 yard box. JFDI there, concede a corner, whatever, but do something.

What I will say about team selection is this, we have a squad and Manuel is rightly using it, he has done for all the cup comps. There was enough quality on the park to win that football match. However, take away kompany, fern and zabba from that team all at once and we have a problem. Aguero (who is clearly not fit) and Spanish Dave (who changed the game when he came on) are the stars. Those three, though, are the spine in this team, it's like ripping our heart out when they don't play. Now I do blame Manuel for that, because the same thing happened against Watford and lessons have not been learned. He changed it that day at half time and we won the game. My argument is this, if kompany plays yesterday, we win the football match.

Wigan had a charmed life after that and on another day, well who knows. Well done them, they did they what they had to do, had a bit of luck, but mostly loads of willingness to win the game. That's where it was won for me, our petulance and arrogance (summed up by toure) is what cost us the game.

proy said:
Didn't want to post after I got back yesterday, this forum goes into meltdown when we lose a game of football.

The way I saw it, was pretty simple to me. I don't think there was anything in the first half, they had 1 shot on target and scored. I still don't know what MDM was doing, no need to make the tackle lescott had the cover on. I'll leave the decision making to pellegrini, I'm not going to slate him we have done enough of that. He is though, feckin useless and we are screaming out for a world class centre half in the summer, possibly two.

The problem yesterday was not team selection, tactics, it was just plain and simple, for 45 minutes, a terrible attitude. Wigan wanted it more, they fought harder, won the second balls and all the 50/50s. We played with a lack of pace, no urgency and too many sideways feckin passes. Wigan didn't sit and soak up pressure, one blue behind me thinking they were and that we have a problem breaking teams down when it's like that. They played with two strikers, and wing backs. It was 3-5-2 in possession and a 5-3-2 out of it. Exactly what Watford did. We just had the wrong attitude.

2nd half, we battered them after that god awful start. I'm in 122 and I had a crackin view of clichy. I still don't know what he was doing. He never anticipated the ball, caught ball watching basically and at this level you don't get away with that. It's the most timid ball across your 6 yard box. JFDI there, concede a corner, whatever, but do something.

What I will say about team selection is this, we have a squad and Manuel is rightly using it, he has done for all the cup comps. There was enough quality on the park to win that football match. However, take away kompany, fern and zabba from that team all at once and we have a problem. Aguero (who is clearly not fit) and Spanish Dave (who changed the game when he came on) are the stars. Those three, though, are the spine in this team, it's like ripping our heart out when they don't play. Now I do blame Manuel for that, because the same thing happened against Watford and lessons have not been learned. He changed it that day at half time and we won the game. My argument is this, if kompany plays yesterday, we win the football match.

Wigan had a charmed life after that and on another day, well who knows. Well done them, they did they what they had to do, had a bit of luck, but mostly loads of willingness to win the game. That's where it was won for me, our petulance and arrogance (summed up by toure) is what cost us the game.

Good post and adopting a breathing space before posting after a defeat is always a wise move. A couple of points; The difference between Clichy's ponderous approach to that ball across the face of our goal and their defender's desperate but successful challenge when Dzeko blasted over summed up the difference in desire between teh teams. In defence of the players, it is very very difficult to maintain that desire all the time and it will always be games like these where it bites you on the arse. And it did.

Secondly, about team selection. If Pelligrini had played Kompany and Kompany had been injured, something he is prone to, the other half of the forum would be suggesting that Pelligrini had risked him in a game we would have won without him. Half the forum thought this was the game to rest players, the other half that Barcelona is the "dead rubber". Pelligrini can't win.

ctidcarl said:
The Light Was Yellow said:
Now, before anyone starts, I know I am a man of few posts but that just means I haven't been posting for long and not that I am of the rag persuasion!
I enjoy reading this forum and it looks like the vast majority like to express an opinion in an open and honest fashion. There is, however, a trend which is somewhat worrisome. As a lifelong blue I understand disappointment, constructive criticism and even anger on occasion. What i read in many posts is some sort of entitlement. Other teams are not allowed to play well against us, ever. We can never, ever, have an 'off-day'. If referees give us anything then so they should. If they don't, they are all cheating and bent! Everyone hates us and there is a massive agenda against us. These things seem to be somewhat unlikely. Sometimes the opposition make the most of their day, as we used to do when we were near the bottom or in a different division. Some referees make some mistakes, as do players and, dare I say it, some supporters.
Some of you seem to have forgotten the cameraderie and sense of humour, for which we were famed. Some of you seem to expect to win whilst offering nothing when things are not going perfectly. Constant criticism of players, the manager and fellow supporters is not always helpful. The boys might well need us now as much as they have ever done. Let's get behind them and lose any sense of entitlement. I thought that belonged in a different place.

The fact nobody has pulled you up on the points in your post is because they are all rational and entirely correct.

As has been said before, its a good job only fanzines existed during our darkest days and not internet forums!!

Great post 'Yellow, Sir'

The way some of the girls on here bleat on after a defeat is shocking. You'd think we've never lost a match before.

Losing at home and dumped out of the cup hurts. It does. I thought individual errors and slackness caused us the goals. Mdm's madness for first and clichy's nonchalance for second. At least the fa cup final last year, their goal was hard to defend against. But MP need to sort our defensive worries. It's more or less okay when we were scoring buckets load like in the first half of the season. But the other teams are all up to speed now and our goals are drying up. So the defence is a much bigger worry now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.