City Victory Parade - 2022/23

Tend to agree-then we could claim over 1 million people at our parade, but tbh mate, there isn't a cat in hells chance of a weekend parade-the whole city and infrastructure would literally grind to a halt.
On your last point. I will never believe 1 million people went to the 1999 Rags parade. TBF there were a lot of Rags. If both United and Liverpool can easily claim 500,000 at their parades, and both Cities coped with that, Manchester could cope with a similar number at a City parade, given the right day, right circumstances, and right organisation.

I suppose the infantile reaction from LFC fans was entirely predictable - 'our parade was bigger than yours'! They think it hurts us whereas as always we celebrate our own achievements without any reference to those of other clubs. Will they ever grow up? No need to answer that question!

On your last point. I will never believe 1 million people went to the 1999 Rags parade. TBF there were a lot of Rags. If both United and Liverpool can easily claim 500,000 at their parades, and both Cities coped with that, Manchester could cope with a similar number at a City parade, given the right day, right circumstances, and right organisation.
According to Wiki, Manchester police estimated around 500,000 for there treble parade, but is as per with united and the arse licking journalists it became 1 million over night.

I know I am biased but that Monday was the busiest I have ever seen Manchester, no way did the rags have those numbers in and around town.

FyhZi3rWIA0Soog

Those loveable scousers had their parade on a Sunday , so you had all those people shopping , all the tourists doing the Beatles thing . Can you imagine a parade on Sunday for our title wins ? We could also put out a false narrative that we had over a million people turn out with shoppers mingling amongst the fans , Liverpool is a village compared to Manchester.
You missed off the pick pockets

No chance of a weekend parade.
Manchester struggled to cope with a Monday night parade with thunder and lightning.
Safety would be an huge issue as well.The amount of folk in front of the barriers near the art gallery was an accident waiting to happen.
For some reason the were banging on the windows of the passing trams.
Madness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.