City Victory Parade - 2022/23

I know I am biased but that Monday was the busiest I have ever seen Manchester, no way did the rags have those numbers in and around town.
Didn't the rags drag their parade out over a ridiculous distance? I'm sure I remember it started in Sale. They certainly didn't have 1 million fans or whatever crammed into the city centre like they try to claim.

I've looked on City's social media and found some good pictures of the parade and seen some on this thread too, but are there others online that have decent coverage of it?

Manchester couldn't cope with 250,000 Rangers fans, nowhere to move.

The United claims are an absolute fallacy, like everything else.

If you speak to GMP, it's quite easy to get the info.

Deansgate from top to bottom can only hold 60,000 people.

Take in to account we had all the other streets and a stage with 20,000 waiting, the claims of a million people at the United parade is laughable.

Probably same person who did the 670m fans or 76,000 sell-out for FC Cluj when it was actually revealed to be 35,000.

Didn't the rags drag their parade out over a ridiculous distance? I'm sure I remember it started in Sale. They certainly didn't have 1 million fans or whatever crammed into the city centre like they try to claim.

How can we doubt they had a 1,000,000 at their parade when they keep on telling us they have 1.1 billion supporters or a 7th of the entire world population.

Manchester couldn't cope with 250,000 Rangers fans, nowhere to move.

The United claims are an absolute fallacy, like everything else.

If you speak to GMP, it's quite easy to get the info.

Deansgate from top to bottom can only hold 60,000 people.

Take in to account we had all the other streets and a stage with 20,000 waiting, the claims of a million people at the United parade is laughable.

Probably same person who did the 670m fans or 76,000 sell-out for FC Cluj when it was actually revealed to be 35,000.
You read two quotes
One is a million and the other half a million
and both are made up
Only thing I counted was trophies
Think it was three at each but 1999 is a good while back so memory is fading!

I’m sure there were other, more suitable, places they considered for the stage that were ruled out for reasons we don’t know about but it did seem a strange place to have it.

Everyone crammed in to side streets and dead ends where people were turning back from as others were trying to fight there way through in the opposite direction.

Maybe the numbers took them by surprise. But the area around Oxford St/ Portland St/ Chepstow St, had definite safety issues. I wouldn’t have wanted to be around there with small children anyway. I know the landlady of The Paramount was going mental at one of the chief organisers because if she’d had to evacuate her punters for any reason there was literally nowhere for them to go.

Haven’t heard about any serious incidents though so all well that ends well. But maybe food for thought if there’s a next time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.