City Victory Parade - 2022/23

Wouldn't a FOIA request to GMP clear it up once and for all? They must have to record accurate numbers for reference in how to deal with future events.

Of course they do, just as they once revealed United were adding as much as double to the attendance figure a few seasons ago after a similar request.

150-200k tops for these sort of things, whoever it is.

Liverpool claims are even more laughable, a town centre not even half the size of Manchester.

Go and look at a Manchester 10k run at the start on Oxford Street. It looks like the Royal Mall with a million people on it, but it's actually 50,000 runners in a very narrow space, which sends it far back.

Our tram from Timperley had to stop at the swamp because the doors couldn't close as there were so many people crushed in.

The heat inside was sickening. Remember when COVID was a thing?

The driver ordered people off but nobody could move.

Funniest part was the one fella stood on the platform holding his United megastore bag, if anything provided an image of the gulf between us...
Our tram from the Airport stopped at Firswood, in other words, just after Chorlton. TfGM, advised us to use public transport, no way was I going to travel on a bus for the rest of that journey in that heat. So we travelled in by train.
For the parade itself, why didn’t they make the parade route longer, then more people would have spread out and why didn’t they open the ground?

Of course they do, just as they once revealed United were adding as much as double to the attendance figure a few seasons ago after a similar request.

150-200k tops for these sort of things, whoever it is.

Liverpool claims are even more laughable, a town centre not even half the size of Manchester.

Go and look at a Manchester 10k run at the start on Oxford Street. It looks like the Royal Mall with a million people on it, but it's actually 50,000 runners in a very narrow space, which sends it far back.

I'd be more inclined to believe Liverpool's because it started out in the suburbs so loads didn't have to make the effort to get into town on shitty public transport.

They had people stood in their front gardens watching it go by and counted them. Half of them probably either didn't know what was going on or were Everton fans waiting to flick the v's at them.

The public transport system was close to breaking point with the numbers on Monday. No way could it deal with twice as many people.

I’m not sure about “close” From what I heard the police were dragging people out of the station and telling them to fuck off home some other way after all the trains had left, with thousands not been able to get on. And loads more couldn’t even get in the station after they stopped people entering earlier on.

TBH I’m tired of the parades being on a Monday night, which is probably the worst night of the week, with short or no notice for the fans, especially fans from all over the country. I appreciate the internationals are on this week, but if they weren’t the parade would have still been on a Monday night. It would be nice just for once if the parade was held on Saturday or Sunday the following Week. The players could go away for a few days, relax, recover from the celebrations, come back, and do the parade at the weekend infront of 10,000’s more fans, then fly home or go on holiday. As for the route and the stage, it is what it is at the moment whilst the town hall and Albert Square are closed off due to the renovation.
You’d never get the players back.

Last time those cunts had a parade, they used a horse and cart.
There was a lot of shit on the route that day, and that was before the horses had been along it!

On your last point. I will never believe 1 million people went to the 1999 Rags parade. TBF there were a lot of Rags. If both United and Liverpool can easily claim 500,000 at their parades, and both Cities coped with that, Manchester could cope with a similar number at a City parade, given the right day, right circumstances, and right organisation.
When City won the cup in 69 one paper claimed the parade attracted 1m. Didn’t believe that either.

Manchester couldn't cope with 250,000 Rangers fans, nowhere to move.

The United claims are an absolute fallacy, like everything else.

If you speak to GMP, it's quite easy to get the info.

Deansgate from top to bottom can only hold 60,000 people.

Take in to account we had all the other streets and a stage with 20,000 waiting, the claims of a million people at the United parade is laughable.

Probably same person who did the 670m fans or 76,000 sell-out for FC Cluj when it was actually revealed to be 35,000.
York police swamped by 200,000 blue boys, iirc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.